•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 25 Aug 2022

Anish S

@Anish S thanks for the amazing drive,never felt you were driving after 8 months,the pace was beautiful balanced more on the IM level,the drive had everything you would want to achieve in the 3hrs drive,with high climbs,technical drive and ridge crossing,we would have not be able to without @Sunil Mathew @Senthil Kumar @Tom B @Ashok chaturvedi thanks everyone,see you in the desert soon

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hello @Sunil Mathew @Senthil Kumar @Tom B @Ashok chaturvedi @Waqas Parvez 

It was a great pleasure to drive with you all; i was blessed to have highly skilled and experienced drivers like you. It was supposed to be fewbie drive but looking at the response of the whole convoy, i had to raise the level.

The first half of the drive around Tawi Nazwa and Pink Rock went very smoothly. However the second half from Pink Rock to Big Red was full of surprises because of the strong wind and the direction. There was lots of soft sand and newly formed pockets that took me aback, i got stock two stuck which we preferred to use the rope to recover because of the blowing sand and heat. The positive part of the wind was that there was almost no cross tracks and felt like we were the only one around until towards the end, we had to be very vigilant to buggies and other dessert safari convoys who were careless. 

I would like to thank @Waqas Parvez for his outstanding support and recoveries and @Sunil Mathew my second lead who had to do some slight diversions so that the rest of the convoy gets a better track.

Thank you @Ashok chaturvedi, @Sunil Mathew, @Waqas Parvez and @Tom B for the kind words, comments and descriptive reports.

Have a good week end ahead, take care and hope to see you soon in another drive.

732589832_Screenshot_20220826-212137_GaiaGPS.jpg.85da41c041cb8161bdba81d1966738cd.jpg517451500_Screenshot_20220826-212144_GaiaGPS.jpg.20ae02ab768c545d1ccfad659cb6dead.jpg

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use