•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Rise Up to Checkpoint 200 - Area 53 - Sharjah - 4 Sep 2022

Varun Mehndiratta

Another thrilling morning playing in the sand, Area 51+2 sure delivers :)  @varunmehndiratta great leadership as always, never a dull moment with you at the helm. @Imteeaz and @imranaasghar81 thanks for holding down the center. As usual team work was amazing. Hope everyone enjoyed as much as I did, wish you all great week ahead. I threw some pics in the gallery.
@varunmehndiratta give me a buzz when you get a chance please, wanna pick your brain on a couple of points. Cheers! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks for joining in for the drive today morning. It was full of action. Though we started off a bit later than planned, the enthusiasm of the convoy, awesome team work - meant despite all the challanges, we in the end conquered the goal we had set for our selves. 

Picture below is testimony of how well you all managed the drive. We were throughout above 200mtr mark. Great job all. 

image.jpeg.f0c5449305d961ea100e7537cd622931.jpeg

Area 53 is undoubtedly a challenging terrain usually being explored by Intermediate and above level. However, the camaraderie and skill set of this convoy ensured that there was nothing that could limit us. You all were just awesome - the only time we took rope and shovel out was my own stuck in that pocket. Rest was limited to refusals and were all nicely handled by the convoy. Special thanks to @imranaasghar81 @Imteeaz for all the support throughout the drive and helping the drivers.

We had our fair share of vehicle issue - MAF sensor of @Jose Thomas giving up under the severe test and ofcourse the scariest of all - @Beide Worku 's F150 show at the end of the drive. But again the team work and energy managed to beat all that was thrown at this convoy. Really proud to be part of this group. 

@Morshedi - 2 times in a row, you were just awesome as SL. 

@Sam K @Mahmoud Taha  - apart from couple of refusals you both were awesome on your first FB+ drives. Brilliantly driven.

@salah2u the magic of new tyres was very clear today. 

@Prakash Anoop @Haitham Khattab  Red carpet drive for your Red Rubicons. Very well driven throughout.

@takeshi sobue - Just another wow drive for you. Also, very nicely executed the tug - an FJ pulling out an F150 was a sight. Thanks for your support.

@Jose Thomas - very nicely driven - few refusals at this level of terrain is very well acceptable. 

@Imran Kashif - another brilliant drive. 

@Beide Worku - thanks for all the support keeping the convoy togather. Wasnt an easy task today with all the high dunes we climbed today. All the best with your vehicle. 

Thanks all, looking forward to drive with this awesome convoy sometime soon. Till then have fun. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you @varunmehndiratta for another amazing drive, I enjoyed it a lot, being at the front was super fun and thrilling, It was a long convoy but you managed to control it with the help of @imranaasghar81 , @Imteeaz , and @Beide Worku those guys are amazing! everyone drove really good yesterday, see you all again soon ✌️💛

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you so much @varunmehndirattafor the amazing drive. I enjoyed every single part of it. The terrain was challenging and required adaptive driving style between auto and steptronic which sharpened my driving skills. Special Thanks to @Morshedi, @imranaasghar81, @Imteeaz & @Beide Worku for their support, clear instructions & patience. Shout out to all convoy friends, you all drove very well and it was a pleasure driving with you all.

See you all soon!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

@varunmehndirattaThank you again for such an amazing drive, full of surprises.

The drive was short but sweet; I really enjoyed my Sunday drive.  Looking forward to another drive this coming Sunday.

@imranaasghar81 your instructions were crystal clear for all of us throughout the drive.

@Beide Worku buddy i hope that you have been able to get your car fixed; we were worried when you jumped on the other side of that tall dune.

@Morshedi awesome SL mate - keep it up.

@Sam K thank you buddy for sharing the trick on how to control my car (and traction) rather than the other way round - looking forward to experience this a bit more this coming Sunday.

@Jose Thomas not my first drive with you mate - the Xterra is a beast, that needs to be handled with care.

@Mahmoud Taha you rose up to the challenge mate - well done

@salah2u first time i have seen you pushing your car without fearing a pop-out dude - wise decision to change the rims/tyres.

@Prakash Anoop you were amazing in your Jeep

@Haitham Khattab apologies mate, was calling you Adam at one stage during the drive - you handle the Jeep like an expert

@Imran Kashif you keep amazing me how you push the FJ mate

@takeshi sobue you driving with 2 passengers - not an easy task.  and yet you still manage to climb all the dunes without any issues - well done

Looking forward to drive with all of you in the near future - the team spirit was outstanding.

Cheers

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hello guys 

Excellent drive it's been a while since I've been out and loved every moment sorry about the late start. 

I got two fines on the way for not paying attention to my cruise control 😕

Thank you Varun for making space for me on the drive I really appreciated it. Haven't seen you in two years but you look younger than I remember you. What's the secret! 

Everyone drove wonderfully sorry I had to leave quickly at the end I had builders at my house waiting to do some work and the missus was under pressure. I drove to the local adnoc to re pressure and zipped off. Thanks all and see you all again. 

btw brilliant team work throughout 

Its the team work and helping and everyone chipping in etc I enjoy more than driving that's for sure. Last thing Mr X terra sorry can't remember your name it's time for a new air filter lol and beide I really hope there wasn't a big bill for your airbags. Kill switch can be done cheap at marshal autocare he did mine for about 120 I think 

Good night all and have a great week ahead

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Beide Worku how have you been?

I've got few questions about your airbags incident.

Did the insurance company cover the cost of repairing your airbags?

What insurance provider do you have?

What was the story that you told them?

@Tom B @Mark D @Jonny90 @Rob S

Important Information

Terms of use