•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Rhythm & Blues Drive (Qudra to Ghantoot) - Dubai - 4 Sep 2022

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above 

Meeting time: 2:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/LXygnu5HPCZtLgPX8

Action Plan:  A drive which aims to both get back into the RHYTHM of dancing on the dunes, as well as getting rid of the BLUES of returning from the summer holidays. The drive will start in Qudra (exact meeting point yet to be decided, with a short warm up segment in Qudra's southern quadrant, followed by a drive south toward Ghantoot, aimed at reaching the Oryx feeding station next to the exit point. If we reach the end of the trail in good time, we'll pause before sunset to sip some tea or coffee by one of the old date trees that dot, like mini oasis, this part of the desert. 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 6:30PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

Dear @Pierre de Maigret, @Dinesh Kumar A, @Gurcharan Mehta. Thanks for signing up.

Since posting the drive I have been informed of a business contingency, due to which I'll have to travel away from Dubai on Sunday evening. 

Therefore I am kindly asking if you would be able to join the drive on Saturday, Sept. 4th, PM, same time. This would be very much appreciated. 

Same for the waitlisted members, @Ignacio Quindós and @Sunil Mathew.

Looking forward to hearing from you, before I change the date. 

Thanks a lot for your understanding.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Saturday wont work for me @Ale Vallecchi.. car is booked for some work.. will remove myself from WL 

Not yet @Sunil Mathew. Let's see what is everybody saying. Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Pierre de Maigret, @Dinesh Kumar A, @Gurcharan Mehta. Thanks for signing up.

Since posting the drive I have been informed of a business contingency, due to which I'll have to travel away from Dubai on Sunday evening. 

Therefore I am kindly asking if you would be able to join the drive on Saturday, Sept. 4th, PM, same time. This would be very much appreciated. 

Same for the waitlisted members, @Ignacio Quindós and @Sunil Mathew.

Looking forward to hearing from you, before I change the date. 

Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Dear @Pierre de Maigret, @Dinesh Kumar A, @Gurcharan Mehta, @Sunil Mathew, @Ignacio Quindós considering the difficulty to reschedule, I will keep the drive on Sunday PM. I just kindly ask you to change the meeting time to 2PM. I will get ready for my trip beforehand, and will manage to reach the airport in time for my late evening departure.

Thanks for understanding. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi Ale. If you can’t do it or it’s stretching your agenda too much, I would totally understand to cancel the drive. I have another one on Saturday with Vanessa, so whatever is more convenient for you! 😜

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ignacio Quindós said:

Hi Ale. If you can’t do it or it’s stretching your agenda too much, I would totally understand to cancel the drive. I have another one on Saturday with Vanessa, so whatever is more convenient for you! 😜

No worries @Ignacio Quindós. An earlier meeting time would work well for me. The drive is confirmed. Thanks a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use