•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Rhythm & Blues Drive (Qudra to Ghantoot) - Dubai - 4 Sep 2022

Ale Vallecchi

7 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

No worries @Ignacio Quindós. An earlier meeting time would work well for me. The drive is confirmed. Thanks a lot. 

Ok then. See you on Sunday at 2pm. Thanks

• Like (+1) 2

Dear @Ignacio Quindós, @Sunil Mathew and @Rajat Verma, considering the short convoy, It is unlikely that any other members will be left out of the drive, or will not find space if they sign up late. In consideration of this, I will be happy to confirm your presence, and if OK with you, I will move you to the Going tab. Please let me know. Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Ignacio Quindós, @Sunil Mathew and @Rajat Verma, considering the short convoy, It is unlikely that any other members will be left out of the drive, or will not find space if they sign up late. In consideration of this, I will be happy to confirm your presence, and if OK with you, I will move you to the Going tab. Please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Sure @Ale Vallecchi..Thanks for adding!

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/29/2022 at 9:33 PM, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Pierre de Maigret, @Dinesh Kumar A, @Gurcharan Mehta, @Sunil Mathew, @Ignacio Quindós considering the difficulty to reschedule, I will keep the drive on Sunday PM. I just kindly ask you to change the meeting time to 2PM. I will get ready for my trip beforehand, and will manage to reach the airport in time for my late evening departure.

Thanks for understanding. 

Hello Ali,

2pm on sunday works for me, see you then. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/31/2022 at 12:27 PM, Ale Vallecchi said:

@Ale Vallecchi Need to drop from the drive due to personal work.

Apologies.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts

as many, having just gotten back to Dubai, I am looking forward to a nice desert outing, that, if all goes as planned, will start gently at Bab al Shams, will increase in speed and rhythm through Qudra's southern quadrant, will maintain a good pace into the dunes leading to Ghantoot, where we'll cool down looking for oryx and sipping tea (if time permits) near the old date palm groves, prior to our exit at Ghantoot barracks. Hence, if you wish to bring tea, coffee and dates with you, we'll surely love to stop and enjoy right around sunset time.

Considering the experience of the convoy (and its medium/short size), the drive could be bumped up to a bit more challenging than Fewbie), but in general it will be a great warm up for the cooler season to come.

The convoy order will be the following:

@Pierre de Maigret in Second Lead

@Dinesh Kumar A at #3

@Sunil Mathew in the Center

@Ignacio Quindós at #5

@Gurcharan Mehta at #6, and 

@Looper in Sweep.

Radio channel will be decided before departing.

Looking forward to see you tomorrow, I wish you all a great weekend.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts

as many, having just gotten back to Dubai, I am looking forward to a nice desert outing, that, if all goes as planned, will start gently at Bab al Shams, will increase in speed and rhythm through Qudra's southern quadrant, will maintain a good pace into the dunes leading to Ghantoot, where we'll cool down looking for oryx and sipping tea (if time permits) near the old date palm groves, prior to our exit at Ghantoot barracks. Hence, if you wish to bring tea, coffee and dates with you, we'll surely love to stop and enjoy right around sunset time.

Considering the experience of the convoy (and its medium/short size), the drive could be bumped up to a bit more challenging than Fewbie), but in general it will be a great warm up for the cooler season to come.

The convoy order will be the following:

@Pierre de Maigret in Second Lead

@Dinesh Kumar A at #3

@Sunil Mathew in the Center

@Ignacio Quindós at #5

@Gurcharan Mehta at #6, and 

@Looper in Sweep.

Radio channel will be decided before departing.

Looking forward to see you tomorrow, I wish you all a great weekend.

Meeting point will be

Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/LXygnu5HPCZtLgPX8

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use