•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Rhythm & Blues Drive (Qudra to Ghantoot) - Dubai - 4 Sep 2022

Ale Vallecchi

On 8/29/2022 at 9:33 PM, Ale Vallecchi said:

change the meeting time to 2PM

Hi @Ale Vallecchi..i assume the meeting time is 2PM and not as per drive post still showing 2.30 pm?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi..i assume the meeting time is 2PM and not as per drive post still showing 2.30 pm?

Hi @Sunil Mathew. Yes the meeting time is 2:00PM. Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear @Ale Vallecchithank you very much for yesterday’s drive, one to remember with all my refusals! Soft sand can definitely be traitorous! @Looperthank you for your assistance and a very special mention to @Ignacio Quindóswho literally saved me from a nasty sand pocket with his winch.

• Well Done (+2) 1

This drive was a perfect end to a weekend. I am very fond of drives by @Ale Vallecchi, they are challenging at the same time they are meditative in nature. It was a smooth drive for most part, and we drove through some new areas that I had not driven before.

@Pierre de Maigret at second lead, you were struggling a bit in the drive. Driving in the desert is counter intuitive at the start, and we need to practice changing the habits of the tarmac. With practice you will be able to come over the hesitation to give more gas in some cases when you need to and the tendancy to floor it when not required.

@Dinesh Kumar A you were quite good with the radio announcing all the refusals as well as drove very well. Confident and in control of the vehicle in the technical areas. However, you found yourself close to the car in front of you a few times. Keeping a safe distance will help you see how the car ahead is doing as well as anticipating how it is going to do and stopping well in advance so that there is not more than one recovery when there is a stuck.

@Sunil Mathew I saw you in the new Fortuner for the first time. I am sad to see you exit the Yellow Jeep Club.

@Ignacio Quindós second drive of the week with you and you were quite impressed with your skills. Your winch came in handy today. Suggest you look up the best ways to re-spool the rope after every use and the duty cycle that needs to be adhered to. Warn has videos on YouTube on these topics.

@Gurcharan Mehta this was my first drive with you and saw that you were quite adept at driving in the desert and handled the terrain quite smoothly.

I have uploaded a few pictures I took in the Gallery 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

I really enjoyed the drive on Sunday. Beautiful lines to follow and some of them quite challenging on soft sand. Big thanks to @Ale Vallecchifor his lead and guidance throughout. I was a bit unsure about driving at the hottest hour, but in the end it was a real pleasure, and an amazing learning experience!! Thanks again Ale.

Thank you so much @Sunil Mathewfor your support and @Looper for your tips during the winch recovery. I’ll follow your advice about re-spooling the rope before my next drive 👍👍👍

@Pierre de Maigret it was a pleasure helping you. I’m sure you would have done the same for me 😜

@Dinesh Kumar A happy to drive with you again. @Gurcharan Mehta it was nice to meet you. 

I ‘ve posted a couple of picturs on the gallery  

See you all in another good one!!

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use