•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Skill drive series - Up and over - Al Qudra - Dubai - 3 Sep 2022

GauravSoni

Dear Dune Surfers,

@Gertjan @tarek @Jaro Tuzinsky @Zulfikhar Naiyar @Mohammed Sirajuddin @Gerrit Bus @Naim Aoun @Pieter Potgieter @Jad Moussalli @Pacific @Rob S 
please find the convoy order as below

Name car Drives at Level Position
GauravSoni Pajero LWB LEAD 1
Jaro Tuzinsky Pajero LWB 3 2
Pieter Potgieter Jeep Wrangler 8 3
Zulfikhar Naiyar Xterra 5 4
Mohammed Sirajuddin Xterra 0 5
Rob S Prado ST 6
Jad Moussalli Defender 0 7
Pacific SWB Jeep ST 8
Naim Aoun Jeep Sahara 17 9
Gerrit Bus Jeep Gladiator 11 10
Gertjan FJ Cruiser 11 11
Tareck Y62 16 12

We will be moving with First light of the day around 5.40… so it would be great if we all can be ready to move by 5.30… 

see you tomrrow morning!😉

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks @Gaurav Soni for a great trip! Very nice expenation of the finer points of up and over. 

Thanks for @Rob S and  @Pacific for the great support! More shoveling than tugging today.

A few pictures in the gallery! Enjoy!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Great morning in the sands! thanks @GauravSoni for leading us through the sands. Well done to @Jaro Tuzinskyin SL and @Tareck for sweeping us at the back! Thanks also to @Pacific with the shoveling as support team!

Getting the right balance between Gas and momentum take some time, and changes vehicle to vehicle but plenty of practice today! We managed to recover most vehicles today with some good shoveling and digging "V" channels from the front and rear of the car allowing gravity to help us shift the sand from under the vehicle bellys!

I didnt see much of the guys at the back today, but was watching in my mirrors for @jad, Well driven today for your first Fewbie, only one stuck that was resolved without a rope! In front was @Zulfikhar Naiyar, well driven today buddy, and good shoveling from your passenger! Make sure you balance the gap to the car in front with leaving room for stopping, but also close enough to watch the car in front to better judge the terrain and allow you to adjust accordingly.

See you all again soon! 

Edited by Rob S
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thanks Gaurav for an excellent practice drive. I always felt that up and over was my weak spot and today's practice was well needed. You had an excellent support team by the way; @Pacificand @Rob S you both were fabulous...Thanks and looking fwd to seeing you all again. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you @Gaurav Soni for a great drive and energy… and nice to meet you. I look forward to the next episode! @Rob Sand @Pacific thanks for the great support during the drive and for helping me with my compressor issue at the end and making sure everyone left the sand safe and sound! I hope it gets fixed before my next drive. @Tareckthanks for the sweeping and the shoveling and nice to meet you! I wish everyone a great week ahead

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 9/3/2022 at 3:45 PM, Jad Moussalli said:

Thank you @Gaurav Soni for a great drive and energy… and nice to meet you. I look forward to the next episode! @Rob Sand @Pacific thanks for the great support during the drive and for helping me with my compressor issue at the end and making sure everyone left the sand safe and sound! I hope it gets fixed before my next drive. @Tareckthanks for the sweeping and the shoveling and nice to meet you! I wish everyone a great week ahead

@Jad Moussalli I hope the issue has been solved 

Sad indeed! This shows the risk involved in every adventure activities be it paramotoring or off-roading or any other extreme sports… following the safety instructions and rules are of paramount importance…still sometimes things go the wrong way and even the most experienced can have a hard day.. rip 

• Like (+1) 1

@Gaurav Soni thanks for a very nice drive last week, ably supported by @Rob Sand @Pacific.  Interesting to run my long truck in 2wd @ 2500rpm but we managed 😁

Fellow dune bashers @Gertjan @tarek @Jaro Tuzinsky @Zulfikhar Naiyar @Mohammed Sirajuddin @Naim Aoun @Pieter Potgieter @Jad Moussalli, at the link below some Gladiator POV videos of our drive. 

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B1753qWtHG3f2m

Edited by Gerrit Bus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use