•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Exploration Drive - New Shuwaib - Abu Dhabi - 11 Sept 2022

M.Seidam

Dear Friends 

a very much awaited exploration drive to most probably unvisited new area by others and certainly not by Carnity .

This grid is located between the omani/UAE rocky boarders east . E55 Al Shuwaib road west , the Shuwaib dam north and Al Hiyar south making it as a convergence spot from Dubai ,Abudhabi and Sharjah emirates.

its a completely new area with terrain diversity and from the pre info collected we may encounter abrupt steep descenet , supersoft sand, star shaped dunes , and V shape blind ended pockets ..etc and this stems from the geographical location of this land. on the other hand there are few fenced reserves and tracks interconnecting them.

Its an exploration drive and not a fast paced one . if you are interested to explore the unknown and if you have done two intermediate drives at least don't hesitate to join this drive. 

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate ( minimum with 2 IM drives done ) and above 

Meeting time: 05:45 Sunday (deflated and ready to move)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/gU8P2YyafBsQpSUVA

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:45

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Saturday -9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Intermediate Desert Exploration Drive - New Shuwaib - Abu Dhabi - 11 Sept 2022

Dear @Alexanderrr i can see that you have done only one IM drive and a minimum of two IM drives is requested  as i mentioned above . i hope you can understand . thank you 🙏

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Alexanderrr said:

Sure, will remove myself, by the time  I had to reach reading that info, would have been to late to join to this drive 😆

No issue at all dear 🙏

• Like (+1) 1

@Sayed Bilal this is an intermediate level drive . I suggest to you join a newbie drive level as you are newbie in your profile . And please choose the join event option as manage is reserved for the support team . Appreciate your understanding 🙏

• Like (+1) 1

Dear explorers 

i would like to make it clear . It’s an entirely new area  that my self never drove in . And from studying the different maps the dune formation and sand consistency could be unpredictable from soft to super soft . In addition double slip faces of star shaped dunes are predominant in some spots which we try our best to avoid being trapped within . Sudden abrupt almost 90 degrees descent might be encountered . Risk is there sure and could be more than the usual . On the other hand there are nice dunes in the vicinity of few fenced and non fenced farms and reserves with multiple trees dispersed here and there . I have studied the area extensively before head and with the proper planing and with couple of experienced drivers I believe risks can be reduced substantially but not eliminated totally . I hope we will find the thrill what we seek in this area and reveal what is doable in the future visits to this part of the desert . 

can’t wait to explore it together with great vigilance and enthusiasm . 

cheers 

Seidam 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

On 9/4/2022 at 7:58 AM, M.Seidam said:

Dear Friends 

a very much awaited exploration drive to most probably unvisited new area by others and certainly not by Carnity .

This grid is located between the omani/UAE rocky boarders east . E55 Al Shuwaib road west , the Shuwaib dam north and Al Hiyar south making it as a convergence spot from Dubai ,Abudhabi and Sharjah emirates.

its a completely new area with terrain diversity and from the pre info collected we may encounter abrupt steep descenet , supersoft sand, star shaped dunes , and V shape blind ended pockets ..etc and this stems from the geographical location of this land. on the other hand there are few fenced reserves and tracks interconnecting them.

Its an exploration drive and not a fast paced one . if you are interested to explore the unknown and if you have done two intermediate drives at least don't hesitate to join this drive. 

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate ( minimum with 2 IM drives done ) and above 

Meeting time: 05:45 Sunday (deflated and ready to move)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/gU8P2YyafBsQpSUVA

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:45

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Saturday -9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

Dear Dr. @M.Seidam I am very sorry, I have to pull out of the drive due to some family commitment.  Enjoy the exploration, I wish you a great adventure. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Friends 

Thanks for your interest in this exploration drive . Please be on time at the meeting point or bit earlier as we will meet at Adnoc gas station as per the link above and from there we will move ( less than a kilometer ) toward the deflation point  together. Our radio channel will be number 2 ( 44603125 ) and my cell is 0554045278 

the convoy order will be arranged at the meeting point . 
get enough rest and wish you nice evening . Can’t wait to see you tomorrow inshallah . 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use