•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Scenic UAQ and RAK Trails - RAK - 17 Sep 2022

Frederic

F130FA11-6E23-45A0-8B95-C995B3EE71A8.jpeg.6c99f695fd6577328685b3942859818c.jpeg

What to expect 

This drive is suited to people who enjoy the scenic views the Northern UAE has to offer.

Rather than a “dune bashing” experience, we want to offer a more relaxing drive experience where we can use existing farm trails to make our way through the various terrains, and where you’ll be transported back in time from seeing the farms, idyllic trees and shrubs, and spend a few joyful hours with Carnity buddies. 

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardise someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  17 Sep 2022, Saturday.

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: 25°25'46.3"N 55°43'45.5"E
https://maps.app.goo.gl/fBURfZkaPWP96wHX6?g_st=ic

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday, 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Piaras Cushnan wishing you a warm welcome to our club ! Just wanted to check if this will be your first drive with us, and if you could provide some basic information:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Important links to read:

For your first drive you will need the following items:

1. pressure gauge / deflator tool to deflate your tyres and check your pressure.

2. compressor to inflate your tyres after the drive.

3. an offroad flag, properly mounted on the car

4. a two-way radio, programmed to our channels (see below topic).

5. a decent shovel.

• Like (+1) 2

@Frederic Hello thank you for the welcome

yes this will be my first time with you guys but I've been off-roading before in my old jeep a few times currently i have a 2022 Toyota Hilux grs which will be my first time taking it off road properly.

I can confirm i have front tow points but not the rear not factory installed in uae currently looking into getting a tow bar but Toyota do not have apparently and there not much on the market right now for the Hilux in the middle east without importing from other markets hopefully that wont a problem. I also have a built-in compressor so hopefully its a good one and tire pressure gauge will be getting the flag sometime this week hopefully.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Piaras Cushnan said:

@Frederic Hello thank you for the welcome

yes this will be my first time with you guys but I've been off-roading before in my old jeep a few times currently i have a 2022 Toyota Hilux grs which will be my first time taking it off road properly.

I can confirm i have front tow points but not the rear not factory installed in uae currently looking into getting a tow bar but Toyota do not have apparently and there not much on the market right now for the Hilux in the middle east without importing from other markets hopefully that wont a problem. I also have a built-in compressor so hopefully its a good one and tire pressure gauge will be getting the flag sometime this week hopefully.

Hi @Piaras Cushnan

A towpoint at the back is definitely needed before venturing into the desert, i would be very surprised there is nothing at the rear. Could you perhaps take photo from the back underneath ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Piaras Cushnan said:

@FredericSadly I Don’t think there is I’ll drop out till I get one and open the space for someone else if it really needed 

@Piaras Cushnan thanks for understanding, i am really surprised to see Toyota did not install anything. During offroading there are multiple instances in where we can only recover you from the back, so for that reason we consider this as absolutely necessary to have.

Perhaps what you could do i check with an Offroad shop to see if they can fabricate decent towpoints and mount them.

Good luck and hope to see that Hilux soon cruising on the sands with us !

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Piaras Cushnan said:

@Fredericyea its really weird they don't have them from factory and the accessory support for the Hilux here so far has been awful no one knows anything about accessories and just send to the parts department who not very helpfull😆 hope to be out soon with u guys once I get this sorted.

There is green brand from Australia (club policy I cannot disclose the name) have decent accessories for Hillux, not sure about tow points but tow bar they do have.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use