•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili to Qudra- Technical Terrain Transit - Dubai - 17 Sep 2022

GauravSoni

4 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

Hi Suneedh… @Suneedh Kkumar I appreciate your enthusiasm buddy, however this is Fewbie drive and you will need to complete your 5 newbies first and then apply for a Fewbie promotiom to be eligible for drives at fewbie level…I see from your profile that you are our newbie Carnity family member.. 

you may not be able to join this drive. Hopefully soon I will see you through the levels and joining fewbie level drives soon… 

Thanks, I will see you after the first 5 Newbie drives :D Can't wait.

Convoy order

Driver  
1 GauravSoni Pajero
2 TT_Dubai FJ cruiser
3 Jad Moussalli Defender
4 Emanuel Pajero LWB
5 Looper Jeep Wrangler
6 Jaro Tuzinsky Pajero LWB
7 Ashutosh Garg Xterra 
8 Brett Eicher Jeep XJ
9 Batuhan Kulac G63
10 Davie Chase Jeep Wrangler

we will be using channel 2 :

• Like (+1) 2

@GauravSoni great drive today had everything that we could have asked for. Really enjoyed the technical terrain was a beautiful route full of twists and turns in some pretty short and tight dunes. This produced a few refusals and stucks which helped us all learn a tremendous amount about safe recoveries.

@TT_Dubai  you did a fantastic job at second lead which made for a smooth drive for the rest of the convoy which comprised of @Jaro Tuzinsky @Emanuel @Ashutosh Garg @Jad Moussalli @Brett Eicher @Batuhan Kulac. Needless to say that you guys all drove brilliantly through some tuff terrain. well done to each and everyone on the drive it made supporting the drive so much easier. as i said earlier we did have a couple of stucks etc. but that is all part of the fun and the learning.

@Looper as always a pleasure to drive with you, brilliant job at CF and appreciate you helping me learn.

As always I learnt heaps again today so thank you all very much. Great drive, great company what a way to spend Saturday morning :):):)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

It’s not often we get a chance to have a masterclass on technical terrain so thank you @GauravSoni for arranging this. Like Davie mentioned this was a great drive, well planned and a superb learning experience with everyone contributing. 

We started by witnessing stunning fiery red sunrise and soon after we negotiated some tight bowls. The really tricky stuff came in the second half which witnessed a few refusals and stucks but hey, we now have pics for our #stuckcollection 😀 

It is great to see familiar faces at the crack of dawn on a weekend and thank you to @Looper and @Davie Chase for the great support. You guys did most of the work helping guide the refusals. I was just crusin’ behind Gaurav…!

A couple of pics in the gallery. Sorry I could not get everyone ! Have a fab rest of weekend to all. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @GauravSonifor a lovely drive! It was thoroughly enjoyable driving through the beautiful line chosen through the technical terrain and small dunes. @Looper and @Davie Chase did a wonderful job of providing support for the few inevitable stucks in small pockets.

@GauravSoni - look forward to the next technical terrain drive!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you @GauravSoni for a wonderful drive on Saturday morning. It was a fanatic start to the weekend. A wonderful support by @Davie Chase at the back.

It was a great show by all, and we learned a bit of criss crossing apart from tackling technical terrain. @TT_Dubai you were fantastic at the 2nd lead position.

@Jad Moussalli it was the first time I saw you having a couple of refusals ever, otherwise a great drive.

@Emanuel - you had above average stucks for the day, but it is all part of the game.

@Jaro Tuzinsky & @Ashutosh Garg you drove well on the day - but I would advise you to practice a bit on the techniques of criss crossing, on the first criss crossing where Jad had a refusals I noticed you came in hot on the other side.

@Brett Eicher good to see your red jeep chugging along without any issues on the day.

@Batuhan Kulac driving first time with you, great to see a G Wagon in the desert.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Hi @Davie Chase

Thanks again for the support on Saturday. A lot of learning went on that day. 😆

Quick question, I see you are using a suction cup mount for your GoPro. Is it a GoPro one and does it stick well in offroading? Have you tried mounting it on the outside windscreen?

I have recently repurposed my GoPro for offroading (was a scuba diver until recently) and the dashboard mount is working well so far. I want to experiment with out of vehicle mounting to see if I can get more action videos.

Thanks,

Emanuel

• Like (+1) 2

@Emmanuel it is a go pro mount and is rock solid, i have not tried it on the outside, but on teh inside it holds very well  

• Like (+1) 1

Drive Report:

One of the most satisfying drives for me in a long long time!

This is how i would describe this drive from my perspective. Navigating through one of the most treacherous known terrain had its own sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. 

The drive had its own challenges and it was pure pleasure to see how each one on the convoy responded to it. Be it driving, helping each other during recoveries and refusals, Support team guiding the convoy over some simple yet difficult maneuvers and providing feedback on the radio.  

The comments above from @Davie Chase and @Looper very well summarize the intensity of the drive and the response/attitude of the convoy. 

well done @TT_Dubai for the 2nd lead and @Davie Chase @Looper for providing excellent support. Having you guys in the convoy will always take some pressure of any lead!

well done boys @Jad Moussalli @Emmanuel @Jaro Tuzinsky @Ashutosh Garg @Brett Eicher @Batuhan Kulac for amazing driving! i hope you all enjoyed the technical terrain Transit!

Congratulations  @Emmanuel , you are now officially over the fear of all offroaders and made peace with the gods of Sand!:)

See you all again in the next adventure on sands!

Stats below!

image.png.f04598b8c019da579e4097c8d8916798.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use