•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 24 Sep 2022

Vanessa8580

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  24 September, Saturday

Meeting time: 6:30 AM  (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Starting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/CGHVD1Cfjm1kUSMU9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• RSVP will close on Friday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please click on the "Add Waitlist" link. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 24 Sep 2022

Good afternoon everyone ! Looking forward to see you all tomorrow morning  ....

Below you can find the convoy numbering for the drive.

Position Driver Car Rank

1 Vanessa Pajero LWB Blue Marshal
2 Warren Flay Pajero SWB Gold Intermediate
3 Jessica Toyota Prado White Fewbie
4 Zulfikhar Nissan X-terra Silver Fewbie
5 Paul Zietsman Dodge Ram Fewbie
6 Davie Chase  Jeep Rubicon Red Support team
7 Pascal Toyota 4Runner White Fewbie
8 Looper  Jeep Wrangler Yellow Advisor
9 Zed  Toyota Landcruiser Black Intermediate
10 Kailas  Jeep Wrangler Red Marshal

We will be using radio channel 2 (446 03125)

See you tomorrow at 6.30 am 

• Like (+1) 4

Cracking good fog this morning! I left home in plenty of time thanks to Abu Dhabi's awful fog alarm (which every mobile phone holder in the emirate gets blasted with for free) and complied with AD's 80kph limit all the way to Sweihan. It was a pea souper all the way along Al Taf until I was virtually at the meeting point. The dunes were like a frat party with hoons and drongos roaming like drunken crows (but with less discipline) Never mind, @Vanessa8580 runs a tight ship and soon we had trundled off in a compact little convoy to taste yet again, the mighty Al Ain sand sea. Lovely cool morning turned into a lovely hot morning after a few refusals and stucks but the progress was good. Thanks to @Davie Chase for all of the hard work at centre forward, my tasks at second lead were relatively simple by comparison. Thanks to @Looper and the late @Zed for bringing up the rear and having the most fun. The only Fewbie I could observe directly was @Jessica Lambert and my observation is that she drove immaculately! never a wheel wrong. Nice to meet you @Paul Zietsman and @Zulfikhar Naiyar I hope today met your expectations and that you progressed your learning. We all start somewhere (now get to the wheel and tyre shop STAT!)

IMG_5325.jpg

IMG_5324.jpg

IMG_5326.jpg

07D5670E-3089-4645-9572-2DA674589DD8.JPG

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Drives at Sweihan means earlier than usual alarms times and long drives to the meeting point. But the allure of the tall dunes deflects any hesitation to join these drives. 

Thank you @Vanessa8580 for a wonderful drive and @Davie Chase + @Zed for great support. @Warren Flay you did an excellent job in the second lead. 

@Jessica Lambert good to see you after the summer vacation and congratulations on your new ride.

@Zulfikhar Naiyar we last drove in Tawi Nazwa and since then I can see a lot of improvement in your driving. You drove confidently and had good control in the dunes.

@Paul Zietsman hope you are able to fix the foot board on your car easily. Being a beast of a car and having a long wheelbase, it can be challenging, but you have shown that it can be done nevertheless. 

See you all soon back in where we belong - somewhere in the desert.

PS: added some pics in the gallery. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

On 9/24/2022 at 5:38 PM, Warren Flay said:

Cracking good fog this morning! I left home in plenty of time thanks to Abu Dhabi's awful fog alarm (which every mobile phone holder in the emirate gets blasted with for free) and complied with AD's 80kph limit all the way to Sweihan. It was a pea souper all the way along Al Taf until I was virtually at the meeting point. The dunes were like a frat party with hoons and drongos roaming like drunken crows (but with less discipline) Never mind, @Vanessa8580 runs a tight ship and soon we had trundled off in a compact little convoy to taste yet again, the mighty Al Ain sand sea. Lovely cool morning turned into a lovely hot morning after a few refusals and stucks but the progress was good. Thanks to @Davie Chase for all of the hard work at centre forward, my tasks at second lead were relatively simple by comparison. Thanks to @Looper and the late @Zed for bringing up the rear and having the most fun. The only Fewbie I could observe directly was @Jessica Lambert and my observation is that she drove immaculately! never a wheel wrong. Nice to meet you @Paul Zietsman and @Zulfikhar Naiyar I hope today met your expectations and that you progressed your learning. We all start somewhere (now get to the wheel and tyre shop STAT!)

IMG_5325.jpg

IMG_5324.jpg

IMG_5326.jpg

07D5670E-3089-4645-9572-2DA674589DD8.JPG

Perfect use of the word "drongo", 5 stars.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

@Vanessa8580 Thanks for a fantastic drive as always loved every minute of it, got off to a ropey start with all that fog on the way down but once the current bun came out it soon burnt off making for a beautiful morning. As always you picked a stunning route through the desert that gave us every thing that the team took in their stride. we had a couple of refusals and stucks but that all adds to the fun and the learning. and   Thanks to @Warren Flay for the Second Lead as always inch perfect.

we had a great pair of sweepers in @Looper and @Zed appreciate you guys for all the help and assistance and keeping the rear of the convey ( Me and you both) in Check. @Jessica Lambert  @Paul Zietsman and @Zulfikhar Naiyar you all drove brilliantly was a pleasure to meet you all and i really hope you had a great morning of fun and sun in the desert.

See you all again soon :)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use