Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 24 Sep 2022

Chaitanya D

38 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

The time you spend together shovelling builds a team spirit

Doc @Chaitanya D intentionally left out a crucial detail... 😛

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, imranaasghar81 said:

hi mate

Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.

Fj 2013 

• Do you have any prior off-road experience?

Yep

• Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets
  • eyelet

Yep 

Cheers!

Haha

Lads I am trying to find my tent in the cubboard full of shite if I find it I'll be camping at the spot tonight 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, imranaasghar81 said:

Haha

Lads I am trying to find my tent in the cubboard full of shite if I find it I'll be camping at the spot tonight 

And for the rest of the convoy, @imranaasghar81 is an amazing camp-mate to have. So if any of you feel the fancy to do so, you'll be in phenomenal company.

Edited by munkybizness
  • Like (+1) 2

RsLads I am trying to find my tent in the cubboard full of shite if I find it I'll be camping at the spot tonight 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Adding to what @munkybizness has conveyed, desert drives are always shredded with uncertainty- especially on newbie drives . It is not like a flight / a Shinkansen with a set departure and arrival time 🤣.

depending on situations- stucks/ refusals/ recoveries/ car issues there have been instances where the drive has extended well beyond planned exit time . 
whole intention is the go in and come out together in any case , hence when there is a issue the whole bunch will have to wait invariably till it is sorted . The time you spend together builds a team spirit along with ample opportunities to interact and know , learn and improvise on the recovery techniques.

So please plan accordingly @Suneedh Kkumar. Come with a free mind , enthusiasm and no hurry to rush somewhere.

You are right @Chaitanya D There is no point in joining the drive if all I will be thinking of reaching the office on time :D

I will have opt-out of this drive this time. Please give my slot to any waitlisted people. 

Hope to meet you all soon and learn more together. Regards

• Thanks (+1) 1

Dear friends 

• Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading 
  • Deflate your tires to 12 psi for all terrain tires and 15 psi if regular tires
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 1 (446,006).If anyone doesnt have a radio - especially the first times with Carnity, will provide you radio for this drive only.
  • Briefing will be done  before we start moving
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all mandatory gear for this drive level specially your

1. tire deflator,

2. pressure gauge

3. compressor,

4. safety flag and

5. radio. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

For first timers with the club, from your 2nd drive onwards you need to have these gears. To remind you all again your car needs to have 8 inches of ground clearence, 4WD/AWD capability, Front and Rear tow hooks mandatorily.

However a compressor is needed as the Air compressor at last exit in Qudra is not working/ very slow .

Meeting point is as below @ 5.45 am

https://goo.gl/maps/iUU7fZpnmJrg89nN7

Convoy List will be as below

1. @M.Seidam White Xterra 

2. @Chaitanya D Black Xterra- 2nd lead/Support

3. @TPA Silver Pajero

4. @roomolus753 White Pajero

5. @Salvador Perez Pajero

6. @Karthik Raptor Jimny

7. @Mehmet Volga Grey Pajero - Center Forward/Support

8. @Mark Birch Black Gladiator

9. @Brett E LX450

10. @Nathan L Black Pajero

11. @Mohammed Sirajuddin Brey Xterra

12. @imranaasghar81 White FJ - Sweep/Support

See you all tomorrow morning

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

12 minutes ago, Mohammed Sirajuddin said:

Hi Team,

I may not be able to join tomorrow morning as I have some other engagement. Will see you all next time.

Enjoy your trip...

Mohammed Sirajuddin

Thanks for informing 

please remove your rsvp 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use