•  

Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 24 Sep 2022

Gaurav

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above 

Meeting time: 3:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Date: 24 Sep 2022, Saturday

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/3jeu3DrTQF2xsLye6

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please click on the "Add Waitlist" link. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

38 minutes ago, Suneedh Kkumar said:

Hello @Gaurav how many fellow passengers can we take with us? Would like to clarify to avoid any last minute issues. 

Hi Suneedh, there is no restriction to bringing your friends and family on off-road drives, as far as you are the only one driving.

Just make sure that everyone has seatbelts and if you bring kids they need to be in an age-specific baby seat and strapped all the time during the drive.

Also, I like to know do you have any prior off-road experience (although, it's not necessary).

Please make sure that your Wrangler has a front and rear tow hook/eyelet as that's mandatory for every car.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Hi Suneedh, there is no restriction to bringing your friends and family on off-road drives, as far as you are the only one driving.

Just make sure that everyone has seatbelts and if you bring kids they need to be in an age-specific baby seat and strapped all the time during the drive.

Also, I like to know do you have any prior off-road experience (although, it's not necessary).

Please make sure that your Wrangler has a front and rear tow hook/eyelet as that's mandatory for every car.

@Gaurav Firstly, Thank you for clarifying.

Secondly, Yes I believe my jeep has the tow points. But, I am attaching pictures of the front and rear of my jeep here. Please let me know if these points are sufficient or do I need to install something else too.

Lastly, I have very little experience in off-road so far but, I am really looking forward to improving my off-roading skills and making new friends.

ertf.jpeg

fg.jpeg

• Well Done (+2) 1

@Suneedh Kkumar front seems clear, can u share the rear picture showing the stock eyelet under the left and right of rear the bumper?

I guess you have a tow ball at the back (blurry image) which is not safe for pull-outs.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/20/2022 at 12:18 PM, Gaurav said:

@Suneedh Kkumar front seems clear, can u share the rear picture showing the stock eyelet under the left and right of rear the bumper?

I guess you have a tow ball at the back (blurry image) which is not safe for pull-outs.

@Gaurav I am sharing pictures of the rear of my Jeep. Please advice if I should change anything. 

dwwww.jpeg.18cc7a7684db53dbe4fbd0ac37e9de9f.jpegdwww.jpeg.187a1f021a9d0b7d1d2d109bcb32b3a0.jpegdww.jpeg.4e29f4588fb8d3ee06c0bd8cee3fa2a0.jpegdw.jpeg.f6a4edcc69f5e8c02a02af7c994bf0f5.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Suneedh Kkumar as I mentioned your center "tow ball" is not safe for pull-out.

I want you to focus on the left and right of the bumper (underside) and share the stock eyelet of the wrangler. If you have those you are fine for this drive, if not you need to remove this center tow ball and replace it with a rated shackle of 4.5 tons lbs atleast.

It's a safety concern as tow balls aren't rated for pull-out, they are rated for pulling constant load like of trailer, caravan, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Hi @Suneedh Kkumar as I mentioned your center "tow ball" is not safe for pull-out.

I want you to focus on the left and right of the bumper (underside) and share the stock eyelet of the wrangler. If you have those you are fine for this drive, if not you need to remove this center tow ball and replace it with a rated shackle of 4.5 tons lbs atleast.

It's a safety concern as tow balls aren't rated for pull-out, they are rated for pulling constant load like of trailer, caravan, etc.

Okay @Gaurav I will take picture of the rear underbody for you to take a look. 

if i need to fit a shackle, can I do it on my own or do I need to take the car to the garage and have them remove the towball and then replace with a shackle?

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use