•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Yahar (Sweihan Adventures) - Abu Dhabi - 25 Sep 2022

Srikumar

As a part of the Sweihan Adventures, this time we go down further south to the small town of Yahar that is famous for its reddish nature of sand and huge sized dunes. We did this track once with the FB+ boys, but this area would provide the perfect recipe for an adrenaline pumping Intermediate Drive. Plan is to start off by taking the blessings of the Old Lady Dune before go further east towards the Airport. In this area we will find bowls, rolling dune and razor sharp ridges, so be prepared for another roller coaster ride. 

Drivers, Start your engine!!!

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and Above 

When:  25 Sep 2022, Sunday.

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/J2UgyVauq8JcPPoLA

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR-ONLY DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 drivers. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Yahar (Sweihan Adventures) - Abu Dhabi - 25 Sep 2022
33 minutes ago, Tom B said:

I remember the FB+ drive @Srikumar. We were there with @Simon Dawood,  @Warren Flay and @Gregoryto name but a few. It was amazing, especially old lady dune! 🤞 I will make the cut at 7 pm!! 

@Tom B that was such an amazing intense drive.... I am wondering how is it gonna be at intermediate level this time 😅.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

7 minutes ago, Simon Dawood said:

@Tom B that was such an amazing intense drive.... I am wondering how is it gonna be at intermediate level this time 😅.

It's going to be epic for sure. Hope to see you there @Simon Dawood

• Like (+1) 5

@Srikumar - Before you say Drivers, Start your engine!!! you gotta say - Drivers, Make it to Fastest Finger First ! 18:59:59 refresh screen only to see if we can HIT "Going" before the 10th person hits it ;) - so then comes step of Engine start :D - Looking forward to this one ! 😎

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

for those coming from Dubai, any suggestions of where fill up before the meeting point, pls do post here. I can only locate pumps that are 50-60 Km from the meeting point and all require some diversion from the route. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, ASAD. said:

for those coming from Dubai, any suggestions of where fill up before the meeting point, pls do post here. I can only locate pumps that are 50-60 Km from the meeting point and all require some diversion from the route. 

there's an ADNOC filling station at Sweihan, on the E20. I used that one. 

ADNOC Service Station | Sweihan (960)
800 300
https://maps.app.goo.gl/csKH7XyordLDEW7YA?g_st=ic

• Like (+1) 3

Wow we have a strong group and finally Mr @Frederichas decided to join the intermediate drive 🙂 @Tom Bi had done a night intermediate with @Srikumarand it super fun,im sure in the morning it will be epic

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use