•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Conquer Faqa - Dubai - 1 Oct 2022

Rizwanm2

Thank you so much @Rizwanm2 for the great drive today. Faqa is such a beautiful area with a magnificent scenery. I really enjoyed it and thanks for the second lead opportunity. The drive was unique with  a unexpected  damp sand on the start, followed by exciting side sloping & ridge riding, ending with Technical dunes & speed run on Sabkhas. 
Thanks @Gregory for the great support in the center and all the tugs, @Senthil Kumar for sweeping and clear communication and @GauravSoniwho Orchestrated  Stucks/Refusals for the convoy (aka Angel of the Trip😉). 
Shout out to all convoy Friends, you all drove very well today, happy to see you  and looking forward to drive again with you soon.  
Added some pics in the gallery.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

@Rizwanm2 Thanks you for the pleasant drive that I enjoyed and found lovely today, during the beginning of the journey, the convey went through a bit of a difficult surface because of the rain, which caused the sand to settle. Specifically, the tail of the convey went through a muddy terrain, which was a new experience for me today. However, once we reached the solar park, the sand returned to its normal consistency, and the journey became significantly more enjoyable. @Gaurav Soni thanks for some added fun with extra side slopping, ridge ridding,  at last, excellent tug to pull out from stuck, @Haitham Khattab  driven well as SL. @Gregory as CF given clear instructions for recoveries, 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Rizwanm2a great drive yesterday morning.... thanks to @Haitham Khattab, @Senthil Kumar and @Gaurav Soni (who as @Tareq Al Turqsaid, transformed from ghost to angel 🤣) for keeping all in check, and dealing with whatever the desert threw at us.

Nice varied terrain and great scenery. 

Well done to the new Fewbie plusses too - great job

Good rest of the weekend everyone! 

20 hours ago, Tareck said:

@Rizwanm2 google maps took to some different location for some reason i am 30 min away from yiu

Screenshot_20221001-055652_Maps.jpg

@Tareck I faced the same issue - google maps took me close to Damac hills instead of Al Faqa - so strange 😳

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Gerrit Bus, it was great meeting you in this ride. Can you please remind me again what is the name of the 360 cam that you had mounted on your car. 

@Imran Kashif, can you please remind me what is the name of the shop that did the rollover cage for you (I remember it was in Abu Dhabi :D)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Just now, Sam K said:

@Gerrit Bus, it was great meeting you in this ride. Can you please remind me again what is the name of the 360 cam that you had mounted on your car. 

@Imran Kashif, can you please remind me what is the name of the shop that did the rollover cage for you (I remember it was in Abu Dhabi :D)

Hi @Sam K  it was indeed nice. Looking forward to more drives together. The camera is the Insta360 X2. Now the X3. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

4 minutes ago, Sam K said:

Hi @Sam K& @Waqas ParvezThis is the shop where I installed all stuff 

MTX, Mechtronix Auto Works LLC

02 552 9111

https://goo.gl/maps/QFBAouUuhWTdYkhk7

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Rizwanm2 for the great introduction to Fewbie+ level! The unexpected wet sand was a valuable learning experience- thank you and @Gaurav Soni for fixing my pop out! I can imagine how badly churned the sand was for everyone toward the end of the convoy, so well done to all for managing that. As I was behind @Haitham Khattab I had the benefit of seeing his second lead skills first hand- often Haitham would re-route slightly and instinictively when there wasn't time for Rizwan to call back about a sudden obstacle. I really appreciated this as it helped me a lot in this new level on this unfamiliar wet terrain! Catch you all again soon inshallah.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Dear Friends, 

It was my pleasure meeting you all on a beautiful saturday morning, we start sailing about 6.30 after clearing the fog.  As per my initial plan i wanted cover lot of long range high dunes, but due to previous day rain sand was damped and very slippery. after about 30 mins of driving i believe due to wet sand condition @Jessica Lambert had a pop out at the exit of slide slope. it was quick fix with help of all the members and we started to sail again searching for clean sand.  

finally we managed find some dry clean sand to enjoy some high ride and ridge riding, but the strong wind to slip face made it verse to ride the ridges, so we played it safe on some medium range dunes, 

Through out the drive we had fare share of all the experience. high ride on long range dunes,  ridge riding, slide sloping, high speed baja run in the sabka and lot of technical dunes as well. 

im very happy with everybody performance until we reach our exit point at solar park. very good discipline through out the drive and helping each other on recoveries and stucks. 🙏 

my special thanks to @GauravSoni  appearing as special guest and helping all of us through out the drive.  @Haitham Khattab you did great as second lead, reliable second lead behind lead is always peace of mind for the lead. 👍

@Gregory thank you very much for all the support through out the drive for all the recoveries. 👏

@Senthil Kumar  thank you for all the update from behind the convoy 👍

Thank all other members as well  @Jessica Lambert @Peter Hager @Ignacio Quindós @Tareq Al Turq @Sam K @Gerrit Bus @Imran Kashif @Tareck for great team work and enthusiasm through out the drive.  hope you guys enjoyed the drive. see you soon next time. 

cheers, have a nice week ahead. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Rizwanm2 thanks for an enjoyable drive, well led and executed. Ably assisted by @Gregory and @Senthil Kumar. Thanks to both. 

Fellow dune bashers @Haitham Khattab  @Imran Kashif @Tareck @Tareq Al Turq  @Peter Hager @Ignacio Quindós @Jessica Lambert  @Sam K, it was a pleasure driving with all of you. Below a link to some Gladiator POV videos of our drive. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PGfKDfGRNjaUroLG6

Edited by Gerrit Bus
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Gerrit Bus said:

@Rizwanm2 thanks for an enjoyable drive, well led and executed. Ably assisted by @Gregory and @Senthil Kumar. Thanks to both. 

Fellow dune bashers @Haitham Khattab  @Imran Kashif @Tareck @Tareq Al Turq  @Peter Hager @Ignacio Quindós @Jessica Lambert  @Sam K, it was a pleasure driving with all of you. Below a link to some Gladiator POV videos of our drive. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PGfKDfGRNjaUroLG6

interesting videos @Gerrit Bus. Thank you for sharing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use