•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 1 Oct 2022

M.Seidam

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above 

Meeting time: 5:50 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Saturday 1st Oct 2022

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/TrHPwKEzRnxS5R9y8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:50 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please click on the "Add Waitlist" link. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

Dear Friends

Hello and welcome back to Carnity off road club.

Please read the above information in the drive topic. In addition to that it is highly reccomended ( must for first time drive with carnity ) to watch the introductory clip as its very useful before you come to the desret 

also usefull liks to read as below link : we will have ample time to practic the techniques pertained to this level

how to program your radio if you havent done this :

stay tuned for more information when we come close to the event 

wish you great week.

Seidam

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear friends 

Hello again and welcome please Note the following carefully 

• Please be on time at 05:50  and bring all your passion for off-roading 
  • Deflate your tires to 12 psi regardless of your tire type.
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged.
  • Briefing will be done  before we start moving and please feel free to ask me or any of the support team in this drive @Looper or @Davie Chase anything that may clarify whatever is not clear before or during the drive .
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all mandatory gear for this drive level specially your

1. tire deflator,

2. pressure gauge

3. compressor,

4. safety flag and

5. radio. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

Please once you reach the meeting point immediately switch on you radio on channel 1 (446,006)  and keep it on high volume then start deflating your tires and mounting your flag in that order please 

the meeting point is updated to  https://goo.gl/maps/TrHPwKEzRnxS5R9y8

to avoid missing the entry to the meeting point please note that you have to enter 100 meters earlier to the track. look below image ( as the google map will not take you immediately to the pin point. ) 

image.jpeg.291e63a2c95ed567e9b12fefd3a808fe.jpeg

The RSVP now is closed 

Please find below the convoy order 

image.jpeg.d2f47bcaa702186d08758c35aa2d7094.jpeg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2

@M.Seidam thank you so much for an excellent drive today it had everything to enable us all to learn. 
@Looper thanks for being there with to support Doc as always you did an amazing job with great advice. @Nathan L you did a great job as second lead keeping the convoy moving and readjusting where needed.

@Lukas @premindra rajaram@Sayed Bilal@Khyber @Sandeep Padhi@Brett E@Suneedh Wrangler@Mark Birch@Saleh Kuba You guys drove brilliantly which made our jobs so much easier. Was great to meet you all and hope to see you again soon 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 4

@M.Seidam Thank you very much for the drive. It really gave me more confidence on how to tackle the dunes. 

I feel more connected to my Jeep now than before. Thanks for all the lessons. 

@M.Seidam @Looper @Davie Chase Thanks for the drive and the support guys. Please also give me any feedback you may have for my driving (things i need to improve). 

@everyone it was great meeting you all, hope to you see again on the next drives. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

It was a wonderful drive with lots of learning for me, especially proper way of handling the vehicle crossing a crest. Thanks a lot @M.Seidam @Looper @Davie Chase. All my drive mates were excellent and showed super skill. Have a nice rest of the weekend guys!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Drive Report 

What a wonderful morning today to start with , non foggy cool breezy  golden hour and an almost ready convoy to move by the time i arrived to the meeting point and it was just 05:45 am. This showed the  passion and enthusiasm you brought along and reflected later in the drive till the end. Very much appreciated 🙏
After greeting , checking and briefing each one was ready to move to what turned out to be just one of my best enjoyable lovely drives lately.

image.jpeg.3b1d425bb1330bb5d97161bc5665a79d.jpeg

Starting slowly for every one to get accustomed with his vehicle on the sand and along the way to the first set of the long range dunes we took the track connecting the three individual lakes together. Now being there on the flat facing the first tall enough dune we lined up to practice safely the low to medium height dune side sloping and then how to cross the dune in straight up/down fashion. First it was done one by one then we continued to do it while the whole convoy in motion. Guys you were truly impressive. By then you caught the rhythm so the drive continued till we had our first proper break at Riche’s bar. 

The convoy good response encouraged us to go more further to get up to the crescent lake boundary and even beyond crossing the cycle track safely more further where we could have a closer look at the rock formation peculiar to this area from Qudra desert. From that point and back to the end was our way back with slightly faster pace and we got the chance to practice more what we have learned earlier and it was just epic. 
Throughout the whole drive we encountered couple of refusals and crests which is part of the game and learning we all did together.

learning points to remember 

• speed and momentum are not synonyms. The first will fly you off the ridge if fast or get you crested if slow where the later will carry you no matter your vehicle weight is if appropriate ✔️
  • deflation is the king of off-roading especially on sand . The flatter is your tire the wider is your tire foot print and the lesser you will dig yourself in the sand and the easier luckily you will Crowl and self recover ✔️
  • Communication is the best tool to keep you moving and avoiding unnecessary complications. ✔️
  • Always remember never fight gravity because Mother Nature will always win instead take her by your side and make her your best friend ✔️
  • the more we practice the more learn it better than ever . .. so let’s keep practice and rolling together ✔️

last but not the least I would like to thank you all

for coming and sharing the passion together as well as I would like to thank 

@Looper in the middle of the convoy and @Davie Chase at the rear for assisting the whole convoy to be in motion and  for their valuable instructions , guidance and help when needed. .. yes how can I forget @Nathan L you played the game as second lead truly flawless today in response and communication when needed thank my friend .

Till we meet once more take care

Cheers 

Seidam 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use