•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Badayer - Sharjah - 1 Oct 2022

Brette

Gaurav
This post was recognized by Gaurav!

"Well done, keep it up."

Benjamin was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 100 points.

@Brette  Thank you for the great drive today. I managed to learn the importance of gravity seeing it first hand along with this I improved upon many skills watching how you were tackling the Desert dunes, Thanks for the offer to ride passenger back into the desert, that was a technical experience on it's own. along with the chance of being 2nd Lead. anytime there is a issue in the desert or on road let me know I will always help anyway I can. Hope to see you back out on the trail soon.

@Murad Hamed I hope your feeling well mate. glad you managed to escape without any bad injuries and I hope to see you back on the sand soon! if there is any issues I don't live far away if you need a hand. hope everything goes well with the insurance. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Jonny90 It's been a pleasure these past two drives hope to see you next weekend mate 

• Like (+1) 6

@Fabien Monleau @TT_Dubai thanks a lot for today! Fabien next time I’m thinking of recording your times of handling a pop out because you were almost at Formula one level with Pit Stop execution precision. Thanks again!

@Brettealmost everyone can hoist a sail in calm waters. It takes real leadership to sail in stormy weather. With 5 pop outs and the unfortunate event at the end, you made everyone feel that you were not even breaking a sweat. For someone who is “relatively new” to this sport, it makes a difference and I am sure the same applies for everyone else in the convoy. 
@Murad Hamed so sorry to see what happened to you today but most important is you came out without a scratch which is what REALLY matters. You have nerves of steel man to handle it the way you did. I hope to see you again on the sand soon! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

4 hours ago, Brette said:

I hope this unfortunate incident explains why every lead stresses on certain things during the briefing

Absolutely 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Murad Hamed it was nice to meet you today and you displayed great spirits despite what happened. You remained calm and composed. You are safe and sound which is the main thing. As all drivers mentioned we hope and wish everything gets resolved soon and that all is well. 

@Brette as Mike mentioned the immediate mobilisation to recover the Pajero and exit was all executed with precision. Thank you. I love Badayer and I have been in various drives but I have never seen the sand conditions like what we had this morning. Everyone coped really well. 

@Fabien Monleau great proactive support from the back. I love sweeping as you can normally have a chilled ride and explore different lines but that was certainly not the case for you today! Thank you for all your help! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

7 hours ago, Brette said:

@Fabien MonleauI can't thank you enough for all the help with the 5 pop outs we had. It was a masterclass on fixing pop outs for those who were around helping. 

Well done @Fabien Monleau you truly getting hang of the support team role and proactively understand its real meaning. Keep it up.

7 hours ago, Brette said:

Special shout out to @Benjaminfor staying till the end and even dropping Murad back home. Truly appreciated buddy. Thank you.  You did really well in the second lead position as well, just what was need. Well done .

Well done @Benjamin, although new to carnity family, but truly appreciate your support and being there when needed the most. A true definition of team-player for this team sport. Keep it up, looking fwd to driving with you soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

42 minutes ago, Murad Hamed said:

The good news, i have finally managed to get the car out by driving it to outside , yes i drove through the dunes with a smashed /half pajero in the dark night , to be honest it was as tough as the roll-over experience, then i managed to put it on recovery after police has given the report finally.

Although sad to hear about the roll today, but really glad and relieved that you were unharmed after seeing such big damage to your car.

For insurance, after seeing a tall claim, they might make some additional delay, so be very firm with them from the beginning and do a close follow-up. In some cases I have heard they take 2-3 months and harass owners with so many different reports, revisit and third-party investigations. Technically they don't need anything other than cops report, so tell them to speak to cops if they wanna add any additional twist, it really works.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Murad Hamed Al7amdulellah 3lala salamtak ; Thank God you are safe and intact . We haven’t met yet and inshallah I hope to meet you and you are back stronger than ever God well . I have heard stories of such incidents and personally I have seen this ( witnessed  it ) happened in front of my eyes to the dearest person to me in the past many years back. They moved on and made it an additional big step to jump forward and continue and inshallah I am sure you will do . 

@Fabien Monleau well done and thank you for the true spirit of support which only comes out in the hardest moments when most needed. same goes for @Benjamin Very much appreciated your standing by till the front door of Murad 🙏

@Brette you have nerves of steel and a strong heart . You are definitely true leader . Thank you and well done . We should drive together sometimes it has been for long time my friend .

@Gaurav I am sure behind the scenes your mind was there . Thank you for your concern and thinking of the carnity family always and Murad specifically .

thanks to all who from near or far helped the way it could be . 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use