•  
Advertise here

Pajero Suspension + Lift kit + Wheel spacers advice

Hello all Pajero riders.

I am planning to replace my suspensions (2017 Pajero LWB) as the stock ones are completely dead. While doing this, I will install lift kit (2 inches) and put wheel spacers to the alignment of fenders edge.

I'd be appreciated any of your recommendations (brand, type, cost, etc...) , good or bad experiences... best fit with Pajeros... etc.

... or maybe not to change but have new stock ones again...

Thank you in advance...

• Like (+1) 3

@Alexanderrr @GauravSoni@Warren Flay@Simon Dawood and others with lifted Pajeros 😄 would be good to share your pros and cons on off-road and on road behavior since installing the lift kit. 

@Mehmet Volga are you on 16inch rims ?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

For me lift kit was  more about protection, so I got budget TJM ,which is stiff on road and little bouncy in sand due to heavy dutie springs which  are more mean for heavy loaded vehicles then lighter once. In term of performance ,dont  think it made a diffrence , maybe @Gaurav Sonimight tell you more, he has got a good performance suspension.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Mehmet Volga Though I do not have a Pajero, I concur with notes from @GauravSoni.

I have had Dobinsons MRA + 2" lift + 50mm spacers (H&R) couple of weeks ago; I could feel the difference in desert.  The car is less 'jumpy' and tends to keep you in contact with the sand more.

The above arrangement cost me roughly AED 10K.

There is a promotion going on at Dobinsons now; it may be worth giving them a call.

For the spacers, I checked the reviews for other brands and recommendations on 4x4 groups; do not take chances with these minor stuff when off-roading.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi mate,

Two inch lift kit (springs and shocks) EFS brand. No spacers. Huge improvement on the sand with better damping on jumps (oops, I meant 'bumps' ;-) and no bottoming out. Better turning and braking stability on the sand. 

On the road? I hit speed bumps without slowing down now, the shocks are fantastic. The handling and general road manners however, have dipped a noticeable amount due to the higher center of gravity but this was expected.

All in for less than 5 grand if I remember right.

Wazza

Edited by Warren Flay
Two inch = 50mm lol
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

one major change I felt is the reduced dashboard rattle  on speeds >60 on the serrated sabka tracks😂..

...that really makes sense :D I hate that feeling...

Thank you @GauravSoni buddy. As I understand, there are 3 types with Dobinson;

1- Base one with around 3 - 3.5k cost 

2- Mid one around 4.5 - 5k cost, adjustable (MRA, I think this is yours, right?)

3- Top one with reservoir 7 - 8k

I am planning to visit Adihex tomorrow to check for prices. Honestly I don't want to spend too much for such an old girl. So what do you think about base one?  Is adjustment feature really worth to go with?

10 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

I personally have found a sweet spot setting for on and off road.

If you are not switching to different adjustment between off-road / traffic, do you think non-adjustable base one annoys too much on the paved road?

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Mehmet Volga said:

2- Mid one around 4.5 - 5k cost, adjustable (MRA, I think this is yours, right?)

I am planning to visit Adihex tomorrow to check for prices. Honestly I don't want to spend too much for such an old girl. So what do you think about base one?  Is adjustment feature really worth to go with?

If you are not switching to different adjustment between off-road / traffic, do you think non-adjustable base one annoys too much on the paved road?

The MRA is one with the reservoir- top of the range.  The middle range is the IMS version.  Twin tube is the entry level.

I have not changed the settings up to now - dont need to as i am enjoying the on-road and off-road drives with the same settings.

I personally feel the MRA is an overkill (but still cheaper than the like of Kings or Fox ...); however i did not want to go for the mid-range and later on have second thoughts.

There is an offer from Dobinsons right now - check their Insta page.

Snip below.

image.png.1543a37d1c5d2233843e5a9fe919702b.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mehmet Volga said:

As imteeaz pointed out.. MRA are the top option with fully adjustable and rebuildable shocks.. Base option is like your stock suspensions but with slightly bigger shock diameter for better performance than stocks..

IMS - is stage 2 which is mono shock… 

MRR - is stage 3 which has an external reservoir but not adjustable 

MRA - is stage 4 which gives a complete control to change the behavior as per your driving style.. 

If u want a lift , and happy with stocks till now, then go for Base version.. (yellow colored) … else i would suggest to go for MRA…

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1