•  
Advertise here

Pajero Suspension + Lift kit + Wheel spacers advice

On 9/30/2022 at 4:30 PM, Waqas Parvez said:

Yes,selling my profender still under warranty if any one interested let me know😃

Hey @Waqas Parvez, i have profender double by pass adjustable shocks, working well for me,  you still have to find the right calibration though to enjoy onroad and offroad, interested to know yout experience with pro-fender?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

On 9/30/2022 at 12:06 AM, GauravSoni said:

Hey @Mehmet Volga… after riding the dunes for about 100+ drives, I went for Dobinsons MRA suspensions with 30 mm spacers to avoid hitting the reservoir installed in the wheel arch…

the car now sits at 2 inch lift with the heavy springs which kinda gives a good look overall.. 

The MRA’s is what Dobinson a refer as stage 4, with knobs provided to adjust the settings to make it hard/ soft. I personally have found a sweet spot setting for on and off road. 

Riding the ridges is more comfortable with good clearance and it can take those steep small steps we end up finding while leading.. one major change I felt is the reduced dashboard rattle  on speeds >60 on the serrated sabka tracks😂..

i did crack one of my suspension bush which was replaced by the shop. 

These will get your pockets lighter by almost 8.5k along with spacers (H&R).

One another note , There is a slight vibration that I get when driving on road at 90-110 which my mechanic says is due to change in transmission shaft angle cos of the lift. M not sure if @Alexanderrr @Simon Dawood @Mus_hus78 have experienced it yet.

overall I am happy with the experience so far! 

99FA07CC-E48B-4201-8F4B-DA73CE54A72A.jpeg.f36e54c6a5478b3f99a43a5554b602c3.jpeg

@GauravSoni, i am not experiencing  any vibration at the moment , but i did when my engine and gearbox mount needed to be replaced  

• Like (+1) 1

@Mehmet Volga as we discussed the other day, i am using the stock shock absorber ( i was told that they can handle the abuse) they are doing well till now, i have a 2" lift kit ( springs only ) with AOR 1.35 inch spacers for handling compensating for the center of gravity . 

As i am having 18inch rims i had to increase my tire size to 265/65 R18 to minimize the pop outs which and as  a biproduct entertained me with an additional 1inch  😁, so in total i have 3" lift  

what have improved by the above: 

1.  stiffer and more controllable ride, even when i  fly over speed bumps the car doesn't act like a wild horse , my kids love it ( not that i encourage anyone to try that 😅😂).

2. can go at higher speeds than before on the dunes without smashing my skid plate and my entire under vehicle , but not too fast as after a few jumps it will feels like a trampoline  ( i think some people even witnessed me literary flying over some dunes 😅,  here comes handy the professional shock absorbers )

for the past year i am hitting the dunes with this combination. 

what i would have done differently is replacing my rims current rims with zero or -ve offset rims as the spacers will always put additional stress on the wheel bearings . and i would highly recommend you to do so if you are about to change your tires. 

P.S never go for used spacers as they are not safe!! 

looking forward to see you soon in the sand 💪

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Simon Dawood said:

@Mehmet Volga as we discussed the other day, i am using the stock shock absorber ( i was told that they can handle the abuse) they are doing well till now, i have a 2" lift kit ( springs only ) with AOR 1.35 inch spacers for handling compensating for the center of gravity . 

As i am having 18inch rims i had to increase my tire size to 265/65 R18 to minimize the pop outs which and as  a biproduct entertained me with an additional 1inch  😁, so in total i have 3" lift  

what have improved by the above: 

1.  stiffer and more controllable ride, even when i  fly over speed bumps the car doesn't act like a wild horse , my kids love it ( not that i encourage anyone to try that 😅😂).

2. can go at higher speeds than before on the dunes without smashing my skid plate and my entire under vehicle , but not too fast as after a few jumps it will feels like a trampoline  ( i think some people even witnessed me literary flying over some dunes 😅,  here comes handy the professional shock absorbers )

for the past year i am hitting the dunes with this combination. 

what i would have done differently is replacing my rims current rims with zero or -ve offset rims as the spacers will always put additional stress on the wheel bearings . and i would highly recommend you to do so if you are about to change your tires. 

P.S never go for used spacers as they are not safe!! 

looking forward to see you soon in the sand 💪

Thank you very much brother @Simon Dawood  for your advises. I am going with lifting and spacers to improve my experience just like yours. I'll be abroad for 2 weeks. Let's meet on the sand to try my evolved pajero when I'm back 💪

• Like (+1) 2

• 1 year later...
On 9/30/2022 at 12:06 AM, GauravSoni said:

Hey @Mehmet Volga… after riding the dunes for about 100+ drives, I went for Dobinsons MRA suspensions with 30 mm spacers to avoid hitting the reservoir installed in the wheel arch…

the car now sits at 2 inch lift with the heavy springs which kinda gives a good look overall.. 

The MRA’s is what Dobinson a refer as stage 4, with knobs provided to adjust the settings to make it hard/ soft. I personally have found a sweet spot setting for on and off road. 

Riding the ridges is more comfortable with good clearance and it can take those steep small steps we end up finding while leading.. one major change I felt is the reduced dashboard rattle  on speeds >60 on the serrated sabka tracks😂..

i did crack one of my suspension bush which was replaced by the shop. 

These will get your pockets lighter by almost 8.5k along with spacers (H&R).

One another note , There is a slight vibration that I get when driving on road at 90-110 which my mechanic says is due to change in transmission shaft angle cos of the lift. M not sure if @Alexanderrr @Simon Dawood @Mus_hus78 have experienced it yet.

overall I am happy with the experience so far! 

99FA07CC-E48B-4201-8F4B-DA73CE54A72A.jpeg.f36e54c6a5478b3f99a43a5554b602c3.jpeg

@GauravSoni Can you please guide me where I can get the H&R spacers for my Pajero. Looking to install them.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MuddassirT said:

@GauravSoni Can you please guide me where I can get the H&R spacers for my Pajero. Looking to install them.

@Mehmet Volgai think you have them right ?

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

It was nice discussing with you @Mehmet Volga. Thanks for your time.

I found few shops that sell them, one shop offered a competitive price on AOR spacers 30mm costed AED950 while another shop had H&R with 30mm costing AED1800+vat..

H&R is almost double than the AOR, So I think I should go with AOR which is made in US. Can anyone please suggest me on it?

Also I would like to know if there will be any rubbing issue after a 2inch lift with dobinsons MRA and a 30mm spacers on stock wheels?

My stock size is 265/65/R17, and please advice if wheel spacers are a good option and should I go for 25mm or 30mm?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MuddassirT said:

It was nice discussing with you @Mehmet Volga. Thanks for your time.

I found few shops that sell them, one shop offered a competitive price on AOR spacers 30mm costed AED950 while another shop had H&R with 30mm costing AED1800+vat..

H&R is almost double than the AOR, So I think I should go with AOR which is made in US. Can anyone please suggest me on it?

Also I would like to know if there will be any rubbing issue after a 2inch lift with dobinsons MRA and a 30mm spacers on stock wheels?

My stock size is 265/65/R17, and please advice if wheel spacers are a good option and should I go for 25mm or 30mm?

Hi Muddassir, I have identical set up, it is the suggested set up by the garage and I have not face rubbing so far,  265 65 17, 2inch MRA, 30mm spacers. But spacers are either of the brands, I suggest you have a look of the material and weight, perhaps those are making such huge price difference.

• 4 months later...

Hello Team,

Firstly thanks for the informative posts and some great advice on this thread.
That said, I was researching some budget options for a 2-inch lift and I heard rumors about workshops installing off-brand/non-proprietary coil springs(Australian make) on the Pajero stock shock absorbers that have the 2-inch lift.
I also heard from these workshops that this is a popular option in the offroad scene but I haven't met any myself.
For a casual offroader like me, is this a viable option? Has anyone in here gone this route?

The main question is, will this setup cause strain on the Pajero stock shocks during offroad/onroad drives?

As a note, I am not creating a separate post on this topic so everyone can get suspension-lift related info from this single thread.