•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 8 Oct 2022

M.Seidam

23 minutes ago, Zed said:

Lots of good stuff has been said here for the unfortunate event, but Team @Carnity has become matured. Other clubs would stay silent, leading to ill-speaks and untrue gossips to linger, instead of accepting fate and sharing lessons learned. Dr. @M.Seidam has shown great leadership during the unprepared circumstance. As a member of the convoy and the car behind the unfortunate LC70, I can confirm there is no marshal fault nor anyone's here.

It may not be obvious at first, but these kind of events actually remind us how we are loved, by God, family and friends, for we are still alive even though we play this sport every week.

Below video of me 1-year ago is a very similar unfolding of moments leading to the incident. It still gives me goosebumps of how fast fun can turn into panic. In the end, I can only prostate and thank God I'm still alive.

PS: Glad I can help pulling the truck since I wanted to help but not sure how. Even I was chased out by @Hisham Masaad but the LC strangely got lost and exited at the same time the 2nd convoy exited to talk to the truck 😂  sometimes fate does give you a smile.

Very similar I should say 😱. I was watching Anwer nervously all the way when he climbed and hoping he will exit soon, but then the untoward happened. It still flashes my mind now and then, and relieved that he is ok & with his family and loved ones 🙏🏻

Edited by Karthik Raptor
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zed said:

Lots of good stuff has been said here for the unfortunate event, but Team @Carnity has become matured. Other clubs would stay silent, leading to ill-speaks and untrue gossips to linger, instead of accepting fate and sharing lessons learned. Dr. @M.Seidam has shown great leadership during the unprepared circumstance. As a member of the convoy and the car behind the unfortunate LC70, I can confirm there is no marshal fault nor anyone's here.

It may not be obvious at first, but these kind of events actually remind us how we are loved, by God, family and friends, for we are still alive even though we play this sport every week.

Below video of me 1-year ago is a very similar unfolding of moments leading to the incident. It still gives me goosebumps of how fast fun can turn into panic. In the end, I can only prostate and thank God I'm still alive.

PS: Glad I can help pulling the truck since I wanted to help but not sure how. Even I was chased out by @Hisham Masaad but the LC strangely got lost and exited at the same time the 2nd convoy exited to talk to the truck 😂  sometimes fate does give you a smile.

Thats very similar @Zed, like karthik i also watched Anwar’s LC fly off on the other side, that the radio silence afterwards from him afterwards was a very scary time until we were able to recover him. sometimes we push ourselves to take the highest line, be closer to the edge or go further than the car before us. But the safest route is always what the car infront or the marshals have taken. 
Btw is it the same LC or a different car? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5

32 minutes ago, ASAD. said:

Btw is it the same LC or a different car? 

Same LC100 but before engine rebuild and regear 4.88 😂

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Zed said:

Same LC100 but before engine rebuild and regear 4.88 😂

No wonder you mentioned elsewhere, it's like a rocket launch design 😂

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use