•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 8 Oct 2022

M.Seidam

8 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Sri join with us on Sunday…

He is in Fredy’s drive I guess Sunday 

@Waqas Parvez  @Imran Kashif @Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Karthik Raptor @Amr Aydin  @Sunil Mathew @Zed@Mohamad Anwer @Daniel Yang @ASAD. @Hisham Masaad

updated convoy list 

image.jpeg.e8377dc83b9daf72986e1f795372b746.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

He is in Fredy’s drive I guess Sunday 

@Waqas Parvez  @Imran Kashif @Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Karthik Raptor @Amr Aydin  @Sunil Mathew @Zed@Mohamad Anwer @Daniel Yang @ASAD. @Hisham Masaad

updated convoy list 

image.jpeg.e8377dc83b9daf72986e1f795372b746.jpeg

That’s boring @Srikumar … @Frederic drive seriously?  Let’s do some close your eyes drive .. what’s the fun in a systematic drive 

🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

Unfortunately in this sport there is always a risk involved, and at the same time this type of events brings people closer together and no doubt this challenge will strengthen the bond amongst all of you.

Totally agree . 

• Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

Sweihan Drives drive report : eventful  

Dear Friends 

For yesterday’s drive i feel great gratitude and gratefulness  for each one of you for standing still till the last moment in an incident I believe was one of the most difficult one in Carnity club , at least for me .

toward the end of the drive around 9:30 we took one last bowl before exiting as it was just next to the track leading to exit. by the time I finished my turn and reached Hisham at the tail almost every one has done his turn . every one reached except @Mohamad Anwer who crossed to the other side and when didn’t acknowledge on the radio I immediately steered down ( from the second round tailing Hisham ) to climb ascending the ridge and by the time I reached the crest to cross to the other side I sow the LC70 on its right side flipped. ( later on mohamed Anwar said I heard on the radio roll over , switch off the engine .. but couldn’t reach the radio off course as he was trapped in the cabin but he did switch the engine even before hearing that on the radio , and this is another sign he was aware of what just had happened ). I run to the car to have a quick inspection to the surroundings ( clear ) and I had an eye contact with M.Anwar and he shown movement and that was initial reassuring sign. Within seconds every one buzzed for help and we got Anwar from the rear boot after I exchanged with him few sentences to calm him down. He gathered his courage and managed to get him out and was attended properly to calm him down. 

At this point and after Looking at the gross damage of the vehicle and presence of a small cut wound in the head as well the stress impact on all of us  . I took a quick chat with my wingman and the true man of the day @Hisham Masaad and we decided to split in two teams not doubting a second for their competence or judgment. 
Being Mohamed in @Karthik Raptor in semi horizontal inclined conformable position we run on the track to exit where in same time the informed police and ambulance were in their way and by the time we reached maybe a minute or two the ambulance arrived. The paramedics did their job so quick and I exchanged info and pict with the police who truly showed true professional attitude and great help. In this time @Hisham Masaad ,  @Abdelghani @Waqas Parvez and @ASAD. On the other side managed to bring the flipped car on its foot and even they drag it as mush as they could toward the track. 

the ambulance left carrying @Mohamad Anwer to the hospital and policeman helped to call the recovery and to open the gate for a segment that made the track continuous. 
I thanked every one for their great help and concerns and I advised them not to worry as Mohamed now is in safe hands . It started to get hot and I wanted every one to reach safe home. I and @Karthik Raptor returned back to Hisham while @Imran Kashif, @Zed and @Zixuan Huang - Charlie willingly decided to stay waiting for the recovery guy along with the policeman . I already thanked @Amr Aydinand @Daniel Yangfor their help and concerns and wished them safe trip back home.
I got a call from the policeman and later kashif that the recovery truck arrived but was hesitant to go further. @Hisham Masaadand @ASAD. managed to convince him while I managed with help of @Karthik Raptor and @Waqas Parvez to drag the car further down hill ( small one ) but then there was no way than to winch it or leave it . Hisham called that we are coming as the guy agreed and with little push  from @Zed might LC eventually we could manage to winch the remaining distance by Hisham’s winch and the recovery winch thereafter . It looked like we were determined that we should leave nothing behind us 😅. The recovery truck with the car on top fastened made the wheels to sink further even in the little sand . I came in front of zedy car and hooked my rope to his however we still needed the “yallah push “ power of the grand master @Hisham Masaad and here we go 

Well it was a vey eventful day from the start when we had to exit @Sunil Mathew after he got a hard hit to front right suspension . Hope to be sorted out followed by @Karthik Raptor tricky crest at the edge of the death bowl ( sorted brilliantly by @Waqas Parvez and team instructions ) and lastly the unfortunate roll over  of @Mohamad Anwer . However fortunately and with God Grace and all team with us has shown the real courage and real man stand still in such hard time , mohamad anwar got out alive from this and we could manage to recover the dead car despite all challenges. Special thanks to @Hisham Masaadfor personally checking at Mohamad at tawam hospital and informing me that he is alright 🙏

Apology  if I made it long .

Seidam 

I was not part of this drive , but Reading this my heart skipped a beat and i could imagine what would ot feel.

We all know its an extreme sport and things can go out of control in some situations.  But always knowing that you have leader like @M.Seidamand @Hisham Masaad and other @Carnity Marshals whom always follow strict safety procedures makes us feel assured.

But i was not surprised to reading that everyone jumped and did whatever they could do to help because at this level we created this bond amond the members of carnity and it always feels we are driving with family and friends ...

I am sad to hear about the incident,  and i am sorry about @Mohamad Anwer car and i hope he is well.

I think this proves that at @Carnity" we leave no one behind "

Edited by Simon Dawood
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5

Important Information

Terms of use