•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - "Rise Up to Chkpt 200 - the other side" - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 9 Oct 2022

Varun Mehndiratta

24 minutes ago, Tom B said:

Thank you @varunmehndiratta for a cracking drive yesterday. It was a good pace, helped by the fact we were a small convoy. And most of all, thank you for giving me the opportunity to be 2L. I don't get given that opportunity very often given I'm driving an LC! It was lot a fun and enjoyed watching how you chose the route.

To everyone else, was good to catch up and well driven to all. @Mario Cornejo last pop-out also provided a great learning experience for how to fix a pop out in a very awkward position.

@Imteeaz RTA also rejected my exhaust yesterday! 

Haha @Tom B - get the stock ones on, seek RTA approval, and then change back.

LOL

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Sand Sailors

@Senthil Kumar @Mario Cornejo @Tom B @Imteeaz @MMansoor

Thanks all for joining in for the drive. We started off with a clear aspiration and there was no stopping this awesome convoy from the word go.

Everyone did really well throughout the drive and handled all challenges as a team. We had minimal stoppage time other than 2 pop-outs and a couple of car issues (more of a checkpoints). This meant we travelled around 55Km at an average moving speed of 21Km/hr - a brilliant outcome for the terrain. 

Refer stats below, throughout the drive we were above the 200m mark and overall our accent from the drive exceeded 1300mtr - perfectly aligned to the goal of the drive. Kudos to all, especially Senthil on his first Int Drive.

image.png.2f5a04725b87074d9615d154c3c94967.png

Looking forward to see you all soon - for another beautiful day on sand.

Cheers

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@varunmehndiratta @Senthil Kumar @Mario Cornejo  @Tom B @MMansoor

Thank you gents for such a wonderful Sunday morning drive; as soon as we started the drive, Varun pushed us to climb a couple of dunes to warm up our engines.

The drive was simply amazing, coupled with 2 pop-outs, which were dealt with without major delays by teamwork.

The terrain was not easy; the sand was super soft, with lots of ditches / drops; I hit hard my front bumper at least twice - fortunately my ABS was disabled (thanks @Mario Cornejo).

My rear bumper also took some hits, and is a bit twisted / bent now - looking forward to some more damages before making the call to change the bumper + add a bash plate.

Cheers gents

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @varunmehndiratta for the drive and thanks to @Tom B, @Senthil Kumar, @Imteeaz and @MMansoor for the recovery assistance during the drive.

After learning about the regretful events the day before our drive, I found myself driving with a bit of apprehension, and for some reason could feel we all were being cautious.  In my case, reflecting upon it, the uneasiness made me lose focus and that's when mistakes happen.

It was a great drive nevertheless and we all finished well and safe, with just a few scratches here and there in our cars :), but delighted with the route challenges and scenery.

Wishing you all a nice rest of the week and safe drives during the weekend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use