•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - "Rise Up to Chkpt 200 - the other side" - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 9 Oct 2022

Varun Mehndiratta

Drive Plan

Drive is 2nd in series of ChkPt200 Intermediate drives. This time we will start from Shuwaib i.e. exact opposite direction of our starting post last time. We will explore the awesome pyramid shaped dunes in Shuwaib while moving towards Badayer area and will strive to focus of spending as much time as we can at an elevation of 200mtr above sea level - keeping with the mission of the drive series i.e. check point 200. 

See you all this Sunday, as we get set to explore some of the highest of dunes, sharpest of ridges and sweetest of bowls in Sharjah. 

General Overview

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level: Intermediate & above.

When:  9th October'22, Sunday.

Meeting time: 5:45 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions).

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/15Vvob4crExiKKAQ7

Type of Car: Any  4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - "Rise Up to Chkpt 200 - the other side" - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 9 Oct 2022

Dear Sand Sailors

@Imteeaz @Tom B @Mario Cornejo @MMansoor@Senthil Kumar @Charbel@Imran Kashif

Thanks for RSVPing for the drive. We have a short and strong convoy - a perfect setup for our planned exploration through the beautiful tall n steep dunes in Shuwaib. 

I have been traveling and missed being on sand over last two weekends. So eagerly looking forward to hit the dunes and see you all on Sunday. 
cheers 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Dear Sand Sailors

@Imteeaz @Tom B @Mario Cornejo @MMansoor@Senthil Kumar @Charbel@Imran Kashif

Thanks for RSVPing for the drive. We have a short and strong convoy - a perfect setup for our planned exploration through the beautiful tall n steep dunes in Shuwaib. 

I have been traveling and missed being on sand over last two weekends. So eagerly looking forward to hit the dunes and see you all on Sunday. 
cheers 

@varunmehndiratta your drives are always full of excitement mate... lets keep it that way on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi Sand Sailors

Looks like we have all super power vehicles and turbo charged drivers. Taking advantage of short convoy we will keep a rolling convoy order, changing positions regularly to provide all with experience of being at diff positions. In any case we will start off with order as below 

1. Varun in Grey Wrangler

2. @Senthil Kumar in Red Wrangler

3.  @Imteeaz in Super Safari

4. @Mario Cornejo in Super Safari

5. @MMansoor in Patrol

6. @Tom B in LC
 We will be using Radio Channel 3.

Looking forward to see you all tomo. Be on time. Please come fully rested with tanks full and all gears set and tested. 

Cheers 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi Sand Sailors

Looks like we have all super power vehicles and turbo charged drivers. Taking advantage of short convoy we will keep a rolling convoy order, changing positions regularly to provide all with experience of being at diff positions. In any case we will start off with order as below 

1. Varun in Grey Wrangler

2. @Senthil Kumar in Red Wrangler

3.  @Imteeaz in Super Safari

4. @Mario Cornejo in Super Safari

5. @MMansoor in Patrol

6. @Tom B in LC
 We will be using Radio Channel 3.

Looking forward to see you all tomo. Be on time. Please come fully rested with tanks full and all gears set and tested. 

Cheers 

Looking forward to it @varunmehndiratta. Nice small convoy! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@varunmehndiratta Thank you for a fantastic season kick off drive. 

Amazing route and excitement till the end with long climbs and tricky switches. 

@Tom B and @Senthil Kumar  thanks for your support for sweep and SL.

@Mario Cornejo and @Imteeaz it was pleasure driving with you.

Hope to see you all soon ! 

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

My very first intermediate drive was a pleasant experience; however, the first few minutes were challenging until the engine warmed up, at which point the rpm increased to their maximum. During the same drive, I experienced two different convey order positions: the first few hours were spent in the position of (SL), and the remaining hours were spent in the position of middle order(MO), I found that MO was the bit easier position, as it required less judgement and more simply following the path of the convey. @Tom B performed admirably as SL, @Mario Cornejo driven well as sweep by closing the loop, @Imteeaz @MMansoorit was a pleasure to drive with you buddies, @varunmehndirattafinally our lead today, took superb path, high dune climbing, cris cross in tall dunes, side sloping, tested our suspension to the maximum limit, what we did today, that I was seeing only in tiktok and reels off roading videos, when we do the same that it was super fun, keep it up, overall a nice experience finish, complete show time throughout the drive, overall satisfaction, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @varunmehndiratta for a cracking drive yesterday. It was a good pace, helped by the fact we were a small convoy. And most of all, thank you for giving me the opportunity to be 2L. I don't get given that opportunity very often given I'm driving an LC! It was lot a fun and enjoyed watching how you chose the route.

To everyone else, was good to catch up and well driven to all. @Mario Cornejo last pop-out also provided a great learning experience for how to fix a pop out in a very awkward position.

@Imteeaz RTA also rejected my exhaust yesterday! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1

Important Information

Terms of use