Jump to content

Yokohama Geolander Vs Cooper AT3 Vs BFGoodrich KO2? Challenge with finding size (R18).


Varun Mehndiratta

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi @Rizwanm2 I can go up to 35 without rubbing .. that part is checked (mainly as going for lift by 2 inch)

as per my understanding 35" is diameter of the tire. usually wrangler have skinny tires, so if you install fat tires it will rub on full turn or articulations. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rizwanm2 said:

@varunmehndiratta  i would suggest first you check what size tire will fit in your jeep without any rubbing,  even though you can go upto 34 inch tyres the width will have some rubbing issues. (unless you lift or install spacers).  

im all in for geolanders due to excellent performance, good road comfort and reasonable price. 

 

 

1 hour ago, Rizwanm2 said:

as per my understanding 35" is diameter of the tire. usually wrangler have skinny tires, so if you install fat tires it will rub on full turn or articulations. 

@varunmehndiratta, I second  @Rizwanm2  i have Geolander 285/70/17 (33 inch) and they are great on-road and offroad. i dont hear much noise from tires on road and still maintain a smooth ride ( i put air at 32/32.5 bars on road). Off-road pretty good grip. Done 15k KM on them so far. Also, they are less expensive than BF & Cooper.

The only difference  i would say vs. BF or Cooper is it lacks the aggressive  look, mainly due to thinner sidewalls and normal tread design,
 

I installed 2.5 inch lift case for the same reason of avoiding rubbing. If you your considering 35 inch, with the stock suspension (softer than adjustable ones, where you can control compression & Rebound) probably consider 2.5” instead of 2” inch lift kit  and wheel spacers to avoid rubbing against bottom of the fender, specially on bumpy high climbs. 

Best of luck with your search

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Srikumar said:

A quick question to Wrangler owners, by bumping up to 35 inch tyres is regearing needed? 

As per many wrangler forums, It’s is recommended to regear when you upgrade to 35. May be in rubicon it is not so required due to the factory 4.10 gear ratio 

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

A quick question to Wrangler owners, by bumping up to 35 inch tyres is regearing needed? 

Yes that’s what trading enterprise suggest. 

@varunmehndiratta geolanders will be less noisy compared to the stock ones. Seen lot of people in carnity putting them and they seem to be really good. BfGoodrich are heavy but have strong walls but it does not come cheap. Coopers I have heard their walls are soft and can have cracks. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

A quick question to Wrangler owners, by bumping up to 35 inch tyres is regearing needed? 

I think got a bit off the track here 😀 I mentioned lifted jeep can accommodate upto 35 but I am actually planning (refer my original post) for 33 or 34 inch only .. and that’s the main challenge/query - Geo or BF with 33 or Cooper with 34? 1 inch vs realibility.. 

yes @Srikumar going for 35 will require re-gearing as per Trading Ent.. 

 

1 hour ago, Haitham Khattab said:

 

@varunmehndiratta, I second  @Rizwanm2  i have Geolander 285/70/17 (33 inch) and they are great on-road and offroad. i dont hear much noise from tires on road and still maintain a smooth ride ( i put air at 32/32.5 bars on road). Off-road pretty good grip. Done 15k KM on them so far. Also, they are less expensive than BF & Cooper.

The only difference  i would say vs. BF or Cooper is it lacks the aggressive  look, mainly due to thinner sidewalls and normal tread design,
 

I installed 2.5 inch lift case for the same reason of avoiding rubbing. If you your considering 35 inch, with the stock suspension (softer than adjustable ones, where you can control compression & Rebound) probably consider 2.5” instead of 2” inch lift kit  and wheel spacers to avoid rubbing against bottom of the fender, specially on bumpy high climbs. 

Best of luck with your search

Yup planning with approx 1:1 on lift and spacer .. 2 inch lift with approx 2 inch spacer. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

I think got a bit off the track here 😀 I mentioned lifted jeep can accommodate upto 35 but I am actually planning (refer my original post) for 33 or 34 inch only .. and that’s the main challenge/query - Geo or BF with 33 or Cooper with 34? 1 inch vs realibility.. 

yes @Srikumar going for 35 will require re-gearing as per Trading Ent.. 

 

Yup planning with approx 1:1 on lift and spacer .. 2 inch lift with approx 2 inch spacer. 

@varunmehndirattai have spacers incase you require it. Had it for 2 months before changing the rims and tyres. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@varunmehndirattai vote for the ko2, 33”. I believe better to stick to this size than going to 34”. 

on 34” you are 1” closer to need regearing which will affect your performance.

i have seen some cooper tires getting cracks in side walls. Your jeep have enough power to handle the KO2, so if i was you i would choose them over geolanders.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use