•  
Advertise here

Yokohama Geolander Vs Cooper AT3 Vs BFGoodrich KO2? Challenge with finding size (R18).

Varun Mehndiratta

I have Cooper 4S's on my xj. Only had them maybe 3 months, put about 14k km on them and have been extremely satisfied. That 14k km has included rock crawling, mountain passes, dunes, thick mud ruts, water crossings, highway cruising and daily driving. I rotated them at 8k kms. Road noise is nominal and pretty much hidden behind a motoring 4.0L engine and wind noise.

I can't comment on longevity, but they still look brand new and performance has been awesome. Haven't experienced cracking that others are mentioning and I hadn't read anything about it in reviews before I pulled the trigger on them, so maybe exceptional cases?

As XJ's are pretty light, I don't mind a slightly thinner side wall than the KO2s, which I had been considering as well; and I like a slightly ligher tire as 90% of my offroading is on dunes. Price was mid-way between BFG and Geolanders.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @varunmehndiratta,

I am using 285/70/R17 KO2s for my JL. Now completed 80k km. After my last service I was told I can still use it for another 15k km. So from my experience I can say it is long lasting.

On 10/3/2022 at 6:03 PM, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi @Rizwanm2 I can go up to 35 without rubbing .. that part is checked (mainly as going for lift by 2 inch)

It is better to have more clearance especially since we are off-roading. While installing my 285s, I was told it easily fit for stock lift and it did. But when ever I went to the dunes especially fb+ drives and above, during any bumps my tires would hit the fenders and the fenders would come out of the sockets. I also damaged some of my fender sockets. So in order to have the peace of mind I installed 1.5" spacer lift without changing the suspension, so that I could avoid the tires hitting the fenders and now it does not hit anymore. Since we into proper off-roading I would suggest having more clearance and not going for the max size you can accommodate.

Cheers!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kailas said:

Hi @varunmehndiratta,

I am using 285/70/R17 KO2s for my JL. Now completed 80k km. After my last service I was told I can still use it for another 15k km. So from my experience I can say it is long lasting.

It is better to have more clearance especially since we are off-roading. While installing my 285s, I was told it easily fit for stock lift and it did. But when ever I went to the dunes especially fb+ drives and above, during any bumps my tires would hit the fenders and the fenders would come out of the sockets. I also damaged some of my fender sockets. So in order to have the peace of mind I installed 1.5" spacer lift without changing the suspension, so that I could avoid the tires hitting the fenders and now it does not hit anymore. Since we into proper off-roading I would suggest having more clearance and not going for the max size you can accommodate.

Cheers!

Thanks Kailas … yeah concept is done going for KO2 or Geolandar with Mopar kit n spacers … however stuck with aanother challenge. though size exists with both brands, with R18 stock is not easy to find 🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use