•  
Advertise here

How to disable 2018 Nissan Patrol Super safari traction control

Dear @Imteeaz @Sayed Bilal @Jonny90.

For higher level drives it is equally important to disengage ABS and traction control. Best thing is to get kill switch installed by a professional for ABS and traction. I believe it wont cost you more than 200 - 300 dhs. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Sayed Bilal said:

@Rizwanm2 could you please suggest a reliable place that could help us with this?

Hi @Sayed Bilal, im not sure if i can mention garage names here. 

But popular off road garages in ras al khor or in al quoz should be able to do this. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Jonny90 said:

Hi @Mario Cornejo, have you had a kill switch fitted? Can you recommend anyone that knows the VTCs well?

Hi, yes, I have a kill switch installed and, from experience, it is the best option to disconnect traction control and ABS while going offroad.

Most garages know how to install one, just ask them for a clean install, without wires attahed to fuse legs or similar.  My car is going through some check ups, as soon as I get it back I will share a picture. 

In the meantime, you can experiment in your next drive by disabling traction the way you do, VDC by pressing the switch next to gear shift and ABS by removing its fuse (car off and preferably no key).

Edited by Mario Cornejo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Mario Cornejo said:

Hi, yes, I have a kill switch installed and, from experience, it is the best option to disconnect traction control and ABS while going offroad.

Most garages know how to install one, just ask them for a clean install, without wires attahed to fuse legs or similar.  My car is going through some check ups, as soon as I get it back I will share a picture. 

In the meantime, you can experiment in your next drive by disabling traction the way you do, VDC by pressing the switch next to gear shift and ABS by removing its fuse (car off and preferably no key).

Hi Mario

Do you mind dropping me a text on 055 897 0942 to guide me to your garage that did the kill switch?

Thanks

Hi @Sayed Bilal… I drove for a about 4 drives with a safari during which I used to remove two fuses from the engine compartment fuse box… that completely disabled the traction and abs.. not sure about the air bags… you can check the website for identifying the right ones

https://fuseandrelay.com/nissan/patrol.html

ofcourse having a kill switch is an advantage as in some stuck instances you may need to engage traction to get out..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1