•  
Advertise here

How to disable 2018 Nissan Patrol Super safari traction control

@Gaurav I am driving a 2018 Super safari, can switching off the traction control switch inbuilt in my car would help me disable the traction control or do i need to remove the fuse or something, coz this traction control activates during side sloping and pulls be back reducing my momentum most of the times, Please advice.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Im not very sure about the newer models, just try to press and hold TC off button for 5 secs, as in some cars one click disables half and a long press disables full.

@Mario Cornejo and @munkybizness might be able to help you better.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 hours ago, Sayed Bilal said:

@Gaurav I am driving a 2018 Super safari, can switching off the traction control switch inbuilt in my car would help me disable the traction control or do i need to remove the fuse or something, coz this traction control activates during side sloping and pulls be back reducing my momentum most of the times, Please advice.

@Sayed Bilal  the switch located near the gear knob does not kill the traction control completely.

I was lucky enough to have 2 team members advising me, after more than 40 drives using the above set-up, how to completely kill the traction control.  

The switch is located right above your brake pedal; you need to press the brake then feel with your fingers for 2 small push switches.  Press the left one for 2s and the another traction control light will show on your dashboard.

Needless to say that your engine should be on; you need to repeat this (similar to the other switch next to the gear knob) every-time you switch off your vehicle.

Unfortunately holding the switch for longer does not change anything.

@ASAD.  I was planning to install a kill switch, but then got the solution from Sam and Rob; my AED350 stays in my pocket.

Drop me a Whatsapp on 0558970942 and i will share a short video as well.

image.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

24 minutes ago, Imteeaz said:

I was planning to install a kill switch, but then got the solution from Sam and Rob; my AED350 stays in my pocket.

great, i remembered our conversation so tagged you. Good thing @Sayed Bilal didnt have to do 40 drives before finding this information 😂. Good luck Sayed, you will def enjoy the drives more now. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

56 minutes ago, Mario Cornejo said:

Hey guys, does this approach disable ABS too?

I personally prefer a kill switch for its convenience, just make sure you are talking with a good electrician who knows VTCs well 😉

I dont think it kills the abs mate.

do u recommend any specific garage for the kill switch?

42 minutes ago, Jonny90 said:

Hi @Mario Cornejo, have you had a kill switch fitted? Can you recommend anyone that knows the VTCs well?

@Jonny90 mate that was the picture that you shared previously with Rob.

let me know if you managed to get the kill switch done for both traction and abs