•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Margham to Qudra- Technical Terrain Transit - Dubai - 8 oct 2022

GauravSoni

Perhaps a little too smooth for @GauravSoni's liking. He chose a difficult track, but the convoy did not let him bog them down. Unfortunately for @Zulfikhar Naiyar, his car developed a snag and had to exit him, but up till then for the initial part of the drive, it was smooth sailing for everyone.

In the second leg we climbed some tall dunes and took the Desert Expressway 66, but it was slightly technical in its own. May be the authorities who maintain the track need to redo it again once more.

Thanks everyone for joining the drive, @Jad Moussalli, @Nathan L, @Benjamin, @Emanuel, @Adam James, @Patrick van der Loo, @Brett Eicher, & @Zulfikhar Naiyar.

Thank you @Jaro Tuzinsky for your excellent second lead and great pics in the gallery.

Thank you @TT_Dubai for your duties in the back also nice pics btw.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Drive Report:

Apologies for the late post. 

WINTER IS HERE!!

Thanks for joining this adventure. It was a pleasure to see the happy faces in the cool morning weather with convoy all ready to move. 

With a quick briefing,  we got into the convoy positions and started to move westward finding way through some farm fences and first set of technical dunes.  after a quick warmup, we found a nice slope for all of us to enjoy the sunrise and the beauty of the desert!.

Once we started moving, the convoy responded exceptionally well following the tracks with ease and taking up on the challenging tight dunes between Murquab and Margham.  After an hour of Smooth riding, while tugging out@Zulfikhar Naiyar from a crest, the mighty X went into Limp Mode and had to be tugged carefully down to the Flat area to investigate further. Fortunately  @Nathan L had an OBD scanner which quickly identified the issue as "Throttle actuator Sensor fault". after resetting the error code, the X purred like a kitten but we could not risk a recurrence and exited the car to a nearest tarmac. Hope its not a major issue and fixed easily @Zulfikhar Naiyar.  Thanks @TT_Dubai for careful tugs, @Nathan L @Looper for the support during the recovery. and to entire convoy for patience. 

as we moved forward, we decided to avoid the deep technical tracks as planned and find relatively open technical patches to drive towards out intended end point taking the D66 towards the last half hour. 

Brilliant driving from everyone @Jad Moussalli, @Nathan L, @Benjamin, @Emanuel  @Adam James, @Patrick van der Loo, @Brett Eicher, & @Zulfikhar Naiyar.

Kudos to @Jaro Tuzinsky for keeping up with the tracks and an almost perfect 2nd lead. 

Special thanks to @Looper for the support and the valuable guidance in the center of the convoy with couple of quick tugs and @TT_Dubai for anchoring the convoy at the sweep. 

It was a pleasure to meet new faces and greet the old ones.  Hope to see you all on another drive soon. 

Until next time!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

9 minutes ago, Patrick van der Loo said:

Thanks again @GauravSoni for a great drive. @Nathan Lwhat oud scanner did you use again? I forgot to write it down. Thx

I had the veepeak obd 11 ble( first photo) and use the car scanner pro app to read and clear codes.

there is a cheaper version, (second photo) but it doesn’t read gearbox temp I don’t think.

you can get cheaper from dragon mart/Chinese copy’s but I wouldn’t trust them. I have heard of copy’s affecting the traction control on some pajeros.

60171F26-8FD5-4913-93C2-79791AFCC153.png

FF1FCA7B-2F7D-4429-A2FE-C5807C478982.png

DAC73F7F-2361-4CA3-913A-64E07EC0E850.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Looper said:

I posted this immediately after uploading to YouTube, thus it was in 360p. YT took few hours to process the video to HD and it is now in 1080p. 

• Like (+1) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use