•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 15 Oct 2022

JeromeFJ

Dear Desert Drivers, 

Nice to see a full group already motivated from the beginning of the week !

In the drive on Saturday we will explore a portion of the Sweihan area that is not driven so often. Starting from the E16, just at the outside of Sweihan town, we will drive West, parallel to the E20, until we reach the E75 on the other side. Expect empty portions of desert, some high dunes, mainly in the first portion, long virgin ridges, with bushes and shrubs in the lower parts of the dunes, and technical portions with soft sand with some nasty hidden pockets. All this will require your full skills and attention. Depending on how we progress, will use some sabkha areas to link between the dune portions.

We may drive up to 80km, ensure you have enough fuel at he start of the drive. 

Stay tuned, more info to come tomorrow, with final list and convoy order. Let me know before that in case you changed your plans.

• Like (+1) 6

@JeromeFJI was looking for this drive. Sorry need to pull out as I noticed leakage of oil from the engine bay. Had to take to service center. Seems like the car will be ready only on Tuesday. 

@ZedParatha next time ok?

• Sad (0) 5

@JeromeFJ  I was too excited for the drive.  Unfortunately I have to pull out of this amazing drive as my wife's car is still in the garage, and the family needs my car tomorrow.

Have fun gents.

Cheers

• Sad (0) 1

Dear marshal @JeromeFJ, apologies I too have withdrawn from this drive. My overlanding trip to Saudi has been moved to Sunday early morning, so Saturday I will need to rest for the next day's 12-hours drive to Riyadh. I will still monitor whenever you're leading another 80km drive though, wish you all the fun & adventure tomorrow 😊 you've already got good support from @Looper, @Waqas Parvezand @Imran Kashif👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1
  • Sad (0) 3

@Zed sorry to miss you. I was eager to see the fully rebuilt LC ! We will have another opportunity soon I'm sure.

Thank you for your good wishes. Enjoy your trip !

• Like (+1) 3

Dear Desert Drivers, 

Last updates for tomorrow morning

Meeting 06:15 am at https://goo.gl/maps/Mf11NJccmLJrgbEv5

I'm sure you know, there is a gate at the meeting point. Just drive slowly to the gate pronouncing the words "Desert Lords, kindly let me in, I will show care and respect", and the gate will open.

Convoy order will be 

image.png.22549b83cb55584d629a0773af9cfc00.png

We will use Radio Channel 3

Enjoy the evening, take as much sleep as you can, and meet you tomorrow morning !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use