•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Mahafiz to Shuwaib - Sharjah - 15 Oct 2022

GauravSoni

Dear Dune Surfers,

This drive is intended as a long range fast paced drives with a clear focus on covering as much distance with little / no play areas. 

We would be starting from Mahafiz tree shades making our way near the Faya Dune from where we will cross  the road to start our next leg towards 2nd December ( pink rock), moving further west to Big red where we will again cross over to aim for Shuwaib mosque going past the tall dunes of Badayer.

Make sure you come with a full tank, Car in good conditions, recovery gear for this level (Radio, Flag, Deflator, Compressor, Kinetic rope and Soft shackles). Recovery points should be checked and in good conditions.

As this drives requires a lot of concentration with some tricky maneuvers over the course, This drive is intended for Experienced Fewbie + drivers who have completed 5 Fewbie+ drives and Above.

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and Above ( Min of 5 FB+ drives)

When:  15 Oct 2022 , Saturday

Meeting time: 5.30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions). 

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/UaEL1SPb1sP87aq8A

Exit Point: Shuwaib - As per convoy response.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance and Bash Plates

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time:  10.00 AM or early

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 1 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Mahafiz to Shuwaib - Sharjah - 15 Oct 2022

Dear dune surfers,

thankyou for signing up for the drive!

As I mentioned in the drive post, This is going to be a fast paced drive with an aim to reach Shuwaib which is 54 KM on a line on the planned route. This translates that we would be driving at least 100+ Km through the dunes to reach our destination.

there would be no stopping for play areas and we will make it fun on the go. 

Long range drives ( which I experienced under @Ale Vallecchi leads) gave me a sense of satisfaction which is what I think all of you will feel at the end of the drive.

Such drives require undivided attention and precision driving. 

I am already excited and eagerly waiting for the cool Saturday morning!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Dear all,

@Haitham Khattab @Sam K @Ignacio Quindós @Tareq Al Turq @Simon Dawood @Yusuf Esaf @Gerrit Bus @Salim Akhtar @salah2u @Tareck 

Please find the convoy order as below

F51BC651-F6EA-4C1F-A4E7-DB23DE4382AA.jpeg.decb3ce7c32ece53d307c1a7f2365c1a.jpeg

We will be using channel 2: 44603125 

Please ensure that you have almost full tank gas when u reach the meeting point

you can connect with me on 0545564213 in case of any issue.. 

please be well rested!

see you all ready by 5:30 am we will move by 5:45 am!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@GauravSoni thanks for an exhilarating drive, I loved the faster pace in the second part. Good to get some adrenaline pumping 😂. And thanks to @Simon Dawood and @salah2u in support as well as @Haitham Khattab in 2nd lead. 
@Yusuf Esaf I hope you have been able to sort out your car.

Fellow dune bashers @Sam K @Ignacio Quindós @Tareq Al Turq @Salim Akhtar  below a link with some Gladiator POV videos of our drive. 
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3JCdLJUDaF3z5mJH8

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks @GauravSoni for the thrilling adventure you have took us through, after warming up our engines and selfs we stoped for a few minutes to enjoye the sun rise, before we roared our engines all the way to badayer . As we had to cut it a bit short due to some unfortunate incidents of closed fences and a few refusals and a broken lower arm bush of @Yusuf Esafcar.

But other than that everyone drive amazingly well. 

Thanks@Haitham Khattab @Sam K @Ignacio Quindós @Tareq Al Turq @Simon Dawood @Yusuf Esaf @Gerrit Bus @Salim Akhtar @salah2 for the fun company. 

I just have a few points to remind you of ( including myself ) and i hope everyone accept them with a welcoming heart. even the best of us sometimes needs to be reminded sometimes.

1. Following Radio  communication protocols is extremely important . 

a. If you have a refusal or stuck situation immidiatly after ensuring your car have stopped and you are safe,  announce your situation ,  name , position number.( preferably 2 times) .

b. When you hear on the radio that soneone is having a stuck or a refusal, please stop immediately (safely)as you never know where did the car with the situation have stopped.

2. When someone is trying to recover himself or the marshal and or cf is moving please hold position and dont move unless you have been asked to, some really bad accidents might happen .

Thanks again and looking forward to see you all again in the sand soon .

@Yusuf Esaf i hope your car is fixed and ready for the next adventure  😉 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@GauravSoniIt was an amazing fast paced, adrenaline filled drive. 

@Simon DawoodYou have been very supportive and patient throughout the drive.

@Haitham Khattab @Sam K @Ignacio Quindós @Tareq Al Turq @Gerrit Bus @Salim Akhtar @salah2u it was amazing knowing you guys.

When my car jumped, my right lower arm was bent which got the tyres completely off alignment. Luckily it didnot break. I had to drive back at a speed of 40km/hr on a road of 140😀. Took me ages to reach back. Car is completely fine and all set to test the limits again.

• Like (+1) 4

Thank you @GauravSoni for the very fun, fast-paced drive. It was great to cover many areas of the UAE dessert, including Badayer and Big Red which are definitely some of my favourite areas to drive in (and also great for keeping adrenaline levels up!!!)

As always, thank you to @Haitham Khattab for another great SL and to @salah2u for his support in the sweep position. Many thanks to @Simon Dawood as well for his great support as the CF which definitely kept the pace of the drive up. 

@Yusuf Esaf, I’m happy to hear that your car is fine and ready to hit the dunes again!

@Sam K @Tareq Al Turq @Gerrit Bus @Salim Akhtar great to see you all again :) 

Always a pleasure to drive with all of you guys and looking forward to our next drive together! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use