•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan " Sweihan Drives II " - Abu Dhabi - 23 Oct 2022

M.Seidam

Thanks @M.Seidam, very enjoyable drive this morning. Unlike all my previous drives in Sweihan, which involved hopping from one big bowl to another, this terrain offered a bit of everything, including quite a tight technical area.

The whole convoy drove superbly resulting in minimal stoppage time and maximum enjoyment!

See you all soon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 minute ago, Imteeaz said:

@M.Seidam  is there a way to increase the resolution for the video from the dashcam?

It’s at max but as it is linked to YouTube it comes like that . Let me see 

1 minute ago, M.Seidam said:

It’s at max but as it is linked to YouTube it comes like that . Let me see 

Maybe copy the link and re paste it to your browser 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

Drive Report Sweihan Drives II 

Dear Friends 

Imteeaz  @Imteeaz

Imran Kashif @Imran Kashif

DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler

Davie Chase @Davie Chase

Tom B @Tom B

Daniel Yang @Daniel Yang

Looper @Looper

What a wonderful day and what an amazing drive! Thank you dear friends for making the day so fantastic from the start till the end appreciate you punctuality despite the long distance you drove to the meeting point which speaks out loud about your passion and camaraderie🙏
image.jpeg.73a6ecce171bfde5cca8afc07c4459c9.jpeg

heading toward the rising sun enjoying the initial loops and twisty was of a good smooth warming up after which we took the pylon track to enter the desert again crossing and looping along the gravity in a crescendo pace as the dunes where getting larger and taller reminded me of little Sweihan but multiplied by 3 😅. The dunes where long range in a time and a lazy S shaped ridges which gave us a thrill riding them along their top. For a while the radio was silent letting the focus and enjoyment a hallmark sign of the drive till @Daniel Yangannounced that he started not to feel well. After a gentle break he preferred to exit from almost midway drive and luckily the track took him straight away to from where we started and was confirmed later by a phone call . 
image.jpeg.366e104fcd0d2918859ece16aead94a1.jpeg

We continued our journey heading toward Ghafeteen Bowl 
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Kz1NVcqKysuECr6u6?g_st=ic a huge oval shaped bowl as it looked to me . Where every one too a turn enjoying its super soft sidy in safe manner 

image.jpeg.96aa59b523685f9573555fadaa448f56.jpeg

existing the bowl heading to the track as planned and on the way we did continuous ridge riding and criss crossing till the content of our hearts 

Along the trip we encountered few crests and refusals which gave us an opportunity to stretch our bodies😅

@DP1011 , Deepak wrangler Your second lead was superb gave me the freedom to navigate especially in some tight areas. Thank you 🙏. Amazing pictures too 😊

@Davie Chase I am glad making your 50th drive so memorable and joyful . Always pleasure driving with you.thanks for helping in the recoveries 🙏

@Looper always pleasure having you in any drive. Thanks for keeping the convoy safe from the back as always 👍. Can’t wait to see your clip 😊

@Imran Kashif @Imteeaz and @Tom B guys you all rocked today thanks for the accompany 

till we meet again take care and see you soon 

@M.Seidam  what a wonderful way to end this weekend - since the start the drive was promising, with all members being eager to 'hit' the dunes. 

Following through your tracks was not an easy task, with soft sand and lots of technical terrain.

The ride up the dunes was fun though; i could feel your anxiety to ensure that we all follow 'exactly' your tracks.

THANK YOU Doc. for keeping us excited during the entire drive.

@Daniel Yang  i hope that you are feeling better now mate - i just read on couple of other whatsapp groups that other drivers have been experiencing motion sickness as well....

@Looper  you always bring this sense of responsibility to all of us - 'don't drive like it is your last drive'.  This resonates deeply with me (and i believe for all) whenever we venture out in the desert.

@Davie Chase  i am sure that you were smiling while i was struggling to keep up with the pace.  thank you for being patient with me mate.

@Imran Kashif  even with your passengers, you drove amazingly well mate.  it was fun to follow you.

@DP1011 , Deepak wrangler  we will be definitely lost without you, while Doc was rushing in front.  your judgement in terms of keeping a proper distance between yourself and Doc was great.

@Tom B last but not least - always fun to share our experience dealing with garages mate.  i have been working on your advice to keep the RPM below the cut-off limit when climbing the dunes; i still need to practice in coming weeks.  I am also looking into 'maybe' an ECU tune - lets see.

I look forward to seeing the same gang on Sunday.

Until then, enjoy your week.

Cheers

• Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

13 hours ago, Looper said:

This is Part 1 of 2 part video series. 

Amazing clip @Looper appreciate the time a d effort to prepare such fantastic clip . Can’t wait to see part II

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use