•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 23 Oct 2022

Frederic

May the sun in your life never set

May it always rise high and above 

77EC8E3C-DFC2-46E6-8507-83DA2B7B9E34.jpeg.8068cc60fd9adbece61dd7d1d0d1c07f.jpeg

With a convoy as great as we had yesterday, we probably could keep driving all night till early morning.

We set off from the Faqa sabkha after a short briefing and headed off into the typical Faqa terrain. The lonely trees, shrubs, and other vegetation is hugged by glorious dunes, tall or small.

For some of you this was probably your first FB level drive, and even better the first one that's partially in the dark. As you noticed, once it gets dark, the senses work totally differently, and you have to be much more aware of every obstacle on your path. 

With the brilliant help of @munkybiznessand @Simon Dawoodwe were invincible and carved our way through sometimes very tight patches. All of you drove really well !

@Tom V your second lead was fantastic, shame about the shredded tyre on the way out, but alas i guess this was the desert trying to keep us :)

@Sayed Bilal @Yaseen87@premindra rajaram@Feras_Sh@Harshal looking for more adventures with you all ! You guys drove great !

We covered some good distance, but honestly i cared much more for the break times in-between where we could enjoy the fantastic scenery and have a chat with each other. Coming out of Covid and finally being able to socialize again is so precious.

To all my Hindu, Sikh, or Jain friends, i wish you all a Happy Diwali 2022 !

See you all soon in the sands again !

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

May the sun in your life never set

May it always rise high and above 

77EC8E3C-DFC2-46E6-8507-83DA2B7B9E34.jpeg.8068cc60fd9adbece61dd7d1d0d1c07f.jpeg

With a convoy as great as we had yesterday, we probably could keep driving all night till early morning.

We set off from the Faqa sabkha after a short briefing and headed off into the typical Faqa terrain. The lonely trees, shrubs, and other vegetation is hugged by glorious dunes, tall or small.

For some of you this was probably your first FB level drive, and even better the first one that's partially in the dark. As you noticed, once it gets dark, the senses work totally differently, and you have to be much more aware of every obstacle on your path. 

With the brilliant help of @munkybiznessand @Simon Dawoodwe were invincible and carved our way through sometimes very tight patches. All of you drove really well !

@Tom V your second lead was fantastic, shame about the shredded tyre on the way out, but alas i guess this was the desert trying to keep us :)

@Sayed Bilal @Yaseen87@premindra rajaram@Feras_Sh@Harshal looking for more adventures with you all ! You guys drove great !

We covered some good distance, but honestly i cared much more for the break times in-between where we could enjoy the fantastic scenery and have a chat with each other. Coming out of Covid and finally being able to socialize again is so precious.

To all my Hindu, Sikh, or Jain friends, i wish you all a Happy Diwali 2022 !

See you all soon in the sands again !

The best drive till date for me!!!

Why? 

The speed we were moving and the scenic views.....never been to Faqa before but it was amazing!

I still have get used to night driving such different experience. A special thanks to @Fredericfor making this ride happen and your half desert stories, truly amazing.

And to our SUPER HEROES @munkybiznessand @Simon Dawood for helping everyone out. You guys made such huge difference! I admire your patience and dedication, kudos!

• Thanks (+1) 3

Thanks @Frederic for the amazing drive and  @munkybizness and @Simon Dawood  for excellent support. Really happy this was my first drive with fewbie as it has definitely set the stage for what to expect in the coming rides. Hope to see you all in the sands again soon!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use