•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 22 Oct 2022

Brette

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardise someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  22 Oct 2022, Saturday.

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/NjBkdRiyDXGMhMHR9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:45 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday, 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

• Brette changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 22 Oct 2022

Hello Brette,

Looking forward to the drive on Saturday 😀 . This is going to be my first drive with Carnity. I have some prior offroad experience (not in an organized club) over the past years of living in the UAE. However, this will be the first time taking my new car, a black Wrangler Rubicon 4dr, into the desert.

I can confirm that I have of all recovery/safety equipments required such as stock recovery hooks rear and front, 9m kinetic rope, 4 soft schackles, hooks balancing strap, strap recoil dampner, offroad flag, integrated air compressor, walkie talkie, jack stablizer board, quick deflator, valve core tool plus spare, and a pressure gauge.

As this is going to be my first drive, is it okay to have someone else with me on the drive, or is it strictly solo?

I am very excited about this new experience and meeting everyone on the drive.

Thanks

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Bishoy Ibrahimwelcome to Carnity.

First off, thank you for going through the website and confirming  that your vehicle meets the minimum requirements for this drive. Based on the list of gear provided by you, the only thing I can think off that you don't have is a shovel. However, you do not need one for this drive, going by the rsvp, we should have quite a few :)

As far as bring passengers is concerned, it is totally upto you. Just make sure you pay attention to the comms on the radio and are not distracted during the drive.  We do however recommend not bring children for safety reasons.

If you do have any other questions, please feel free to ask. 

See you in the sand. 

To tune your walkie to the Carnity channels, please refer to the link below. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Drive RSVP is now closed and the convoy order is below.

@Khyber @Bishoy Ibrahim @Sebb @Vaibhav @Gary F @Mark Birch @Rajiv Sam @Zubair @premindra rajaram @Benjamin @Mehmet Volga @Joji varghese @Sunil Mathew @Senthil Kumar @Waqas Parvez

Please go through the tutorial videos and make sure your cars front and rear tow hooks are in order.  Hope all of you also have the required gear for the Newbie level drives. No gear = no drive. 

image.png.5c555a36b9c52db5fad5319026c683b2.png

See you all tomorrow morning at 6:00 AM sharp and we will be using radio channel 1, 446 006. 25. 

If you need to contact me in case of an emergency, my number is O52 6771O76.

• Like (+1) 7

Thanks for the offer @Brette no need , I have one programmed to the Carnity channels.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks all for the drive this morning , great weather and company. Love that run up to Pink Rock.  Thanks @Mark Birch for the photo and giving me context to what a Gladiator looks like when it’s fishtailing. 

@Benjamin maybe next time I’ll get stuck and you will need to bail the old man out .

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use