•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - MiddleEarth - Dubai- 23 Oct 2022

Islam Soliman

Nice drive everyone. Thanks for the great lead as always @Islam Soliman. For those that fancy Pneumatic jack, this is the one I got. Threw some pics in the gallery. See you soon.  

Mophorn Pneumatic Jack 3 Ton Triple Bag Air Jack Lifting Height Pneumatic Air Jack 6600LBS Capacity Extremely Fast Lifting Action (3 Tons Triple Bag) https://a.co/d/6nbvJ92

Edited by Beide Worku
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Islam Soliman and team for your support and patience in what was a somewhat frustrating drive for me- three popouts (after another only the day before)! On the good advice of my teammates I have requested quotes for smaller rims and am also looking at bead grip for good measure. Thank you all for the incredibly efficient fixes. My friend remarked on the comraderie and team spirit and I was proud to tell him that this is the culture of this club.

Thanks @Beide Worku for the tip on that jack, it is at the top of my Christmas letter to Santa. Good to see you back on track after Saturday!

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

18 minutes ago, Jessica Lambert said:

Thank you @Islam Soliman and team for your support and patience in what was a somewhat frustrating drive for me- three popouts (after another only the day before)! On the good advice of my teammates I have requested quotes for smaller rims and am also looking at bead grip for good measure. Thank you all for the incredibly efficient fixes. My friend remarked on the comraderie and team spirit and I was proud to tell him that this is the culture of this club.

Thanks @Beide Worku for the tip on that jack, it is at the top of my Christmas letter to Santa. Good to see you back on track after Saturday!

I would not go for beadgrip, this is not necessary in my opinion. What you need is a good all terrain tyre with decent high profile, and 17" rims. You'll see most people in the club with this combo and it works great.

265/65/17 Yokohama Geolandar tyres will be around 450-500 AED each from what i recollect.

Good Luck !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

42 minutes ago, Frederic said:

I would not go for beadgrip, this is not necessary in my opinion. What you need is a good all terrain tyre with decent high profile, and 17" rims. You'll see most people in the club with this combo and it works great.

265/65/17 Yokohama Geolandar tyres will be around 450-500 AED each from what i recollect.

Good Luck !

Thank you! I'll use the savings on that jack :D

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Jessica Lambert said:

Hi @Jessica Lambert,

I think the general conditions and the route we were taking, with a lot of side slips was actually contributing to the danger of getting a pop-out. As said after the drive you were driving amazing and you got the maximum out of your set up. If we would have changed cars I would have had more pop-outs for sure and I promise, you would not have managed a single one with my Jeep. I doubt that you need beadlocks. I think optionally wider rims but proper AT Tyres will do the job as well! @Tom B, @Rob S you probably have a recommendation for Jessica! 

@Islam Soliman thank you again for your trust making me the second lead.  It was a great Sunday with adventures conditions and a lot of nice surprises of Mother Nature. Looking forward to the next drives! 

@the group! it was a very short convoy. Nevertheless the pace and the teamwork was outstanding. 

Have a great week ahead see you soon in the sand!

Felix 

Edited by Felix Obst
added users
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

14 hours ago, Felix Obst said:

Hi @Jessica Lambert,

I think the general conditions and the route we were taking, with a lot of side slips was actually contributing to the danger of getting a pop-out. As said after the drive you were driving amazing and you got the maximum out of your set up. If we would have changed cars I would have had more pop-outs for sure and I promise, you would not have managed a single one with my Jeep. I doubt that you need beadlocks. I think optionally wider rims but proper AT Tyres will do the job as well! @Tom B, @Rob S you probably have a recommendation for Jessica! 

@Islam Soliman thank you again for your trust making me the second lead.  It was a great Sunday with adventures conditions and a lot of nice surprises of Mother Nature. Looking forward to the next drives! 

@the group! it was a very short convoy. Nevertheless the pace and the teamwork was outstanding. 

Have a great week ahead see you soon in the sand!

Felix 

Thank you for your generous reassurance @Felix Obst, it makes me a little less afraid to get back out there next weekend :D Indeed, I have pored over @Rob S post on tyres especially for Prados and found it very helpful indeed (link below)! I have messaged a few garages requesting quotes, I would love to have them changed by Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use