•  
Advertise here

Interesting end to good practice

Benjamin

@Simon Dawood this information has definitely helped and improved my understanding on the people you meet out in the sand, I truly appreciate the pointers and will consider them the next time I think about helping someone out. When helping these people out I ensured everyone’s safety even through the language barrier. Fortunately these people were thankful and I felt very comfortable in the situation however next time I’ll consider your experience and everyone else’s. I’m happy that I’m getting replies as this really helps my off-road knowledge and safety of myself and my passengers.

cheers. Hope to see you out in the sand soon 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Gaurav I am keen to help people out but at the same time I want to do it safely that’s why I’ve enjoyed my time at carnity these past few months. I’m very interested and constantly ready to learn especially on the sand. I’ll definitely learn more from the marshals during the drives and always be ready with questions.

cheers. Hope to see you out on the sand 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

A bigger question: Why did god didn't give some brain along with money to the Lambo owner? Even if they don't know English, I would have explained to him in sign language: Lambo - Sand - No No......!

Probably because many of them are rented cars and are not actually owned 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@Islam SolimanGreat drive on Saturday I really enjoyed it :)

I couldn’t agree with you more and a lot of consideration went into the recovery luckily i had a spare radio so there was some communication. And I made sure to explain the recovery to the driver who seemed to have the best English out of the group. 

if I’m ever in a situation that I spot a stuck car again I’ll consider these factors. Thank you for the pointers this is exactly what I was looking for so I can improve on my skills 

cheers. See you on the sand soon 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Benjamin go to sufouh beach on a weekend and you will end up working as a tow truck, you can easily recover 4-5 cars per hour🤣

But as everyone mentioned, be extra careful, especially with small cars, you might think it has a recovery point but that’s more of a tie down point, give it a medium tug and it will break immediately.

you will also encounter some rude people who don’t appreciate your help and ask you to leave them alone; happened to me once, a pajero was recovering a Tahoe with a tie down strap🤦‍♂️of course the strap broke and I left them searching for someone else to help..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

@Lawrence_Chehimi

sounds like if I head in that direction I’ll be running a small scale business 😂

after everyone’s responses Im going to be more vigilant about these people and hopefully I’ll be able to avoid those interactions. As I’m also a very young driver at the age of 19 :) everyone’s advice is very welcome.

Can’t believe there are some people out there that won’t accept the advice or help for that matter… 

hope to see you out in the desert sometime soon :) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

11 hours ago, Benjamin said:

@Lawrence_Chehimi

sounds like if I head in that direction I’ll be running a small scale business 😂

after everyone’s responses Im going to be more vigilant about these people and hopefully I’ll be able to avoid those interactions. As I’m also a very young driver at the age of 19 :) everyone’s advice is very welcome.

Can’t believe there are some people out there that won’t accept the advice or help for that matter… 

hope to see you out in the desert sometime soon :) 

@Benjamin you are very mature for your age. The fact that you bring up this matter speaks a lot about your good intentions that reflects an off-roader with the heart in the right place.  Keep up the good work !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 minute ago, Felix Obst said:

Seems to be a general issue with red lambos! Well done @Benjamin

0006822A-8815-4880-A068-E7AB27B9A1D8.jpeg

Looks like the same guy

• Haha (+1) 3