•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Lisaili to Al Hathmah - Dubai - 30 Oct 2022

Frederic

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  30 Oct 2022, Sunday

Meeting time: 6:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Lisaili Fort: https://goo.gl/maps/TcmQX4yJJVmgkfCh9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Sat, 12 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Good morning @Martin M ! I noticed you have not done any drives with us yet, so i wanted to give you a warm welcome to the club and at the same time request for the following:

1. Do you have any offroading experience ? If so please elaborate a bit

2. Which 4x4 are you bringing ?

3. Does your 4x4 have tow points at the front and rear and they are in good condition ?

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 1

Good afternoon @Frederic, thank you for your warm welcome. I am really excited to take part in club activities. Looking forward to meet you in person.

Regarding you questions:

1. Yes, I do have some essential off road driving experiences. I had taken a course  to learn some basic navigation skills, recoveries of the vehicle stuck/unstuck and additionally I had desert driving course with an instructor too. Apart from that I already had couple of easy rides in desert conditions with friends so I could gained some basic experiences there. But definitely looking forward for improvement within club driving activities.

2. I will bring Ford Bronco

3. yes, the car is in good condition and has tow points.

If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Cheers and all the best

Martin

• Well Done (+2) 2

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.6207b55b8ed57959092c6eddaa25c233.png

@Rajat Verma@Martin M @Frans M@Bertrand@Bishoy Ibrahim @Davie Chase@Sebb@Lukas@Mark Birch@Glenn Waters@Bhaskar@imranaasghar81

Goodmorning Carnitees !

I am looking forward for a morning of shoveling, joking, and occasionally some off-roading with you all :) 

A few pointers before we meet up:

- Please bring your offroad gears (radio, compressor, shovel, offroad flag, deflator) 

- Please make it on time and make it a habit of arriving with a full gas tank.

- We will be using Carnity Channel 2 - 446.03125 Mhz

You will be in the good hands of @Davie Chase , and @imranaasghar81, who have been around since the dinosaurs spoke, and will help you out on every occasion needed.

The drive plan is to start at Lisaili Fort, and make our way to the nice open dunes in Al Hathmah, and then if all goes well head towards Murquab. This area is very suitable for beginners and not too busy.

Hope to see you all tomorrow morning !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Thanks for joining in @Anish S you’ll be our flying sweep tomorrow 🧹 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Freddy unfortunately I have been drafted in at work and need to head over to Jeddah tomorrow therefore I won't be able to attend the drive DAMMIT. Sorry my man and I'll see you again soon. 

• Sad (0) 2

@Frederic thanks for a fantastic drive today, really enjoyed the drive, and the company, was perfect pace with a little bit of everything to get the guys juices flowing for the next adventure. I have tried to pull out the GPS data see below please correct if it does not align with the data you have but wanted to try to post it today

@Anish S & @Srikumar thanks for both of you at sweep and for all your help today was great having you along and keeping me right during recoveries.

@Rajat Verma@Martin M @Frans M@Lukas@Mark Birch@Glenn Waters@Bhaskar

@Bishoy Ibrahim  you guys drove superbly and made our jobs of supporting you so much easier, was a great pleasure to meet most of you for the first time. Really hope those of you who drove for the first time with us today had a great Sunday morning at Carnity and enjoyed the experience as much as we did. Moreover, learnt as much as we did, we are always learning as everyday is a school day :) Hope to see you all again very soon in the sand 

Newbie 30 Oct.jpg

Newbie1 30 Oct.jpg

Newbi Route 30 Oct.jpeg

• Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use