•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - High Speed Drama - Part 2 - Last Exit to ??? - Dubai - 30 Oct 2022

Varun Mehndiratta

1 hour ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Dear Sand Sailors

@Beide Worku @Arda Yagcioglu @Looper @Jessica Lambert @salah2u @Jona @Mario Cornejo @Mahmoud Taha @Yusuf Esaf @Mohamad Anwer@Joseph Raju @Werno

It’s weekend time 🎊🎊🎊🥳 feels like this one came after a month. 

I hope you all are looking forward for the drive. In case of any change of plans, please update your rsvp at the earliest. I will be finalizing the convoy by tomo noon, so would appreciate if you can review your plans and update before the same. 

Cheers 

Dear @varunmehndiratta my sincer apologies, I have to withdraw, as I have just learned I will be taking a family member to the ariport in Sunday. 

I wish you an enjoyable drive. 

Regards,

MMohamad Anwer

• Sad (0) 2

Hi Sand Sailors

Please find below details for our drive tomo with convoy order. 

Meeting time : 6am sharp.

Meeting point https://maps.app.goo.gl/1oGtGNPWvUqib5dVA

Radio Channel : Channel 3

Convoy Order: We will follow the platoon concept with a more experienced driver supporting/helping a small group of drivers. More details during briefing. 

1. Varun in Grey Wrangler 

2. @Arda Yagcioglu on Black Xterra in SL

3. @Jona in his FJC

4. @Mario Cornejo in Safari as our 1st Platoon leader. 

5. @Mahmoud Taha in Silver Xterra 

6. @Jessica Lambert in white prado

7. @Looper in Yellow Wrangler as our 2nd leader as well as Centre Lead for drive. 

8.  @Yusuf Esafin Nissan R350

9. @Joseph Raju in Patrol

10. @salah2u in Patrol as 3rd lead

11. @Beide Worku in F150 as Sweep. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks for joining in for drive today. What an interesting day in sand. 

We had the whole convoy on the spot, on time. 👍A day when all decided to ring on time 😀 Somehow seems it was the case for the whole of Dubai. 6am at Qudra felt like Friday night at some nice places in Dubai 🤔 . High carbon foot print of our vehicles meant we had to find new starting point and eventually work out a completely new route. But then with lead so amazing 😎 and convoy so cool 😘, though an hour late we eventually managed to find our way into sand. And for next 45 min it was all about vroom vroom in the sand as in line with theme of the drive, we covered around 25Km in 45min. Brilliant job all. 👍👍
Ofcourse this was followed by an awesome  hour of fixing pop out (and eventually change the leaking tyre) in a trickiest of soft pocket. Challenge took its time but eventually gave up to the team work of this convoy. 
It was already 930am when we started again and with sun shining bright, we sailed at high speed through some of the softest patches of sand and explored ourselves in awesome dunes that Ghantoot offered. Apart from couple of minor refusals and stucks including mine all managed the terrain very well as we exited the drive at 1030am. 

We managed to drive fast (average moving speed on dunes was around 28kmph) however thanks to multiple challenges on the day, the moving time ended up very short - around 1.5 hr. I really enjoyed the route and thanks to your response, will surely plan a re-attempt on the same in coming weeks. 

Thanks all for being patient amidst all the challenges and making it a nice outing in the morning. Special thanks to our platoon leaders, sl and sweep for their support. 

@Arda Yagcioglu @Jona @Mahmoud Taha @Jessica Lambert @Joseph Raju @salah2u @Looper @Beide Worku @Mario Cornejo @Yusuf Esaf

• Like (+1) 8
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@varunmehndiratta thanks for hosting today's drive, it was great to hit the sand and speed for a while :). It was unexpected to see the crowd that formed so early at the start point, regardless of it we ended up having a great morning..

Thanks to the rest of attendees, it was a please to meet you all, thanks to @Looper and @Beide Worku for your support.

Have a great week!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Thank you @varunmehndiratta for this drive! I was impressed how you were able to completely change plans last minute and still take us on a good, fun route.

And thank you to @Looper for making it possible for me with the surprises presented by my new wheels, and for the tug on the crest.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Jessica Lambert

I used following:

1. Busgrabger 3-in-1 Tire Gauge & Deflator: that i had bought at Ace Hardware you might get it on Amazon as well.

2. A generic Inflation gun off Amazon. It came with two types of air chuck one to screw and another clip on. I have used the  screw type on my inflation gun in and on top of that I added clip on air chucks (i bought separately) so i have both available for use. It also comes with two types of connections 1 for ARB and other one i guess can be used on Meanmother. We could have tested the other connector on your compressor, while I made a note of it at the beginning of the drive, I forgot at the end of the drive.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

@Jessica Lambert

I used following:

1. Busgrabger 3-in-1 Tire Gauge & Deflator: that i had bought at Ace Hardware you might get it on Amazon as well.

2. A generic Inflation gun off Amazon. It came with two types of air chuck one to screw and another clip on. I have used the  screw type on my inflation gun in and on top of that I added clip on air chucks (i bought separately) so i have both available for use. It also comes with two types of connections 1 for ARB and other one i guess can be used on Meanmother. We could have tested the other connector on your compressor, while I made a note of it at the beginning of the drive, I forgot at the end of the drive.

The US Inlet male connector is used by ARB. If it does not work on yours - may be the japanese type could work. In the picture below it has the clip on Air Cuck installed on the Air Gun, But as i mentioned earlier I used the Threaded type inflatable nozzel shown below and added an extra nozzle on top of it. 

61brN6MeSQL._SL1000_.jpg.df3ffb77677bee7a62a8707a164646a9.jpg

61tVs8XE8KL._AC_SL1007_.jpg.5cf7814b59f9db8f1faba22760794946.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Looper said:

The US Inlet male connector is used by ARB. If it does not work on yours - may be the japanese type could work. In the picture below it has the clip on Air Cuck installed on the Air Gun, But as i mentioned earlier I used the Threaded type inflatable nozzel shown below and added an extra nozzle on top of it. 

61brN6MeSQL._SL1000_.jpg.df3ffb77677bee7a62a8707a164646a9.jpg

61tVs8XE8KL._AC_SL1007_.jpg.5cf7814b59f9db8f1faba22760794946.jpg

Thank you so much @Looper! I think we also used attached an ARB nozzle/fitting to my valve stem to make it reachable for the compressor chuck?

• Like (+1) 1

The side that goes into the tire is universal. One can either thred it in or clip for quick access. For you probably only the screw type nozzle will work. 

the one at the back of the inflator that goes into the pipe that comes from the compressor needs to be checked as they tend to be different.

On my ARB it takes 1/4 inch NPT is size. I had previously bought 1/4 one from ACE that looked pretty much like ARB and was marked as 1/4 inch but it did not fit on the ARB. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use