•  
Advertise here

JL REAR BUMPER

hello all does  anyone know of a source for used rear bumpers for the Wrangler JL our existing one plastics are separating from the support.

@Benjamin

0C701E3F-C17C-4E77-818B-021E8DF19270.jpeg

Edited by Gary F
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

You have 3 options:

1. Mopar Steel bumper done outside agency, so that you get the protection as well as retain the rear parking sensors for the factory fit and finish. You can go to agency as well, but they might not Install the parking sensors and it costs a lot more there.

2. AOR rear bumper that looks almost like the factory steel bumper will cost less.

3. Go for a completely aggressive look with third party rear bumpers, they provide differentiated functionality as well as  look.

PS: Ahem...replaced 3 of them.

Edited by Looper
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Thanks @Looper , 🙄 4 stock bumpers or a variety broken ?

first 3 were stock bumpers - I foolishly thought I will drive better next time and not break them - but alas. I have a short wheel based JL, and desert is death knell for the stock bumpers with or without lift. Even with lift and metal bumper my rear number plate holder keeps dislodging once in a while.

For long wheelbase JLUs on stock suspension however the bumpers last a bit longer and you can make work with some zip ties for sometime but at the end of the day you don't want some ugly zip-ties holding on your rear bumper.

from the looks of it you have a JL Sport. not sure if it is 2D or JLU. if it is 2D

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Thank you @Looper

You are correct it’s the 4d JL Sport , sounds like a better bumper is in our future, it’s currently retained on one side with zip ties :) the other side will be next.. until we have a better solution.

The connection points where the plastic bumper connects to the metal bracket on each end seems to be a particular weakness that easily breaks.

thanks again

Cc. @Benjamin

• Like (+1) 2

@Looper Thanks for the help and advice, we are looking into rear bumpers. So far the zip ties are holding up but I couldn't imagine it will be long before I'm looking at my rear bumper in the sand :D hope to see again on the trail soon

• Like (+1) 2