•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Nahel - Abu-Dhabi - 29 Oct 2022

JeromeFJ

It was a memorable morning for me. To drive extra KMs from Dubai was extremely worth. @JeromeFJ excellently led convoy and it was amazing to follow you. @Nathan L @Mike. @Looper @Joji varghese@Brette it is pleasure to drive with you. It doesn’t matter you are managing it or just enjoying it, always you are supportive and I am so thankful for it. I am looking forward to another enjoyable and funny day together.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/29/2022 at 4:22 PM, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Desert Drivers, 

Yes, it was definitely worth it. For an additional 20 min from Dubai, we have enjoyed a beautiful desert environment, and one of the most amazing drives. This short convoy was perfect to explore the area, and we have made the most of it!

Starting with a small technical portion, we rapidly reached nice rolling dunes for a smooth warm-up in the pristine morning light. Moving West, we came to a technical area, protecting the access to the hidden Ghafeteen Bowl. We passed through the obstacle to enter inside the large bowl, and we could take turns testing the slopes. Coming out of the bowl, we had probably the most difficult portion of the drive, climbing to the top of the dunes through a series of small bowls. You were excellent, keeping a constant momentum and avoiding the soft pockets. From there, the unlimited view of the dunes from Nahel to Sweihan was giving the dimensions of the space.

Driving down, and crossing the sabkha, we reached to the next cordon of dunes, where we continued our progression to the massive Nagrah Dune. Turning around, watching the steep slopes, we could find a way to reach close to the top. Again, taking advantage of the empty slopes, we could take turns and push our cars to the heights. Staying in control at all time, especially on the way down is critical as we have seen. Jaro experienced a small loss of control that resulted in a pop-out. It was fixed with an efficient team work, and it was time to think to exit. 

The way back to the entry point was just pure driving pleasure, navigating at faster pace through the dunes. We covered 69km, at an average moving speed of 25.3 km/h. Even if we had a few km of tracks, this is very respectable for a Fewbie drive, and shows the great capabilities of our group. @Jaro Tuzinsky, @Nathan L, @Mike., very well driven, excellent representation of the Pajero FB team (and yes Pajero can access higher level), and Jaro, thank you for the 2nd Lead, @Looper, thank you for the support, the only tug was for me, perfectly executed. @Joji varghese thank you for joining, it is always nice to have experienced members in the drive. @Brette thank you for the reassuring sweep, and for the company! 

Agreed @JeromeFJ and thanks again for one of the most enjoyable drives to date. That being said, I think it is best not to promote the AD drives too much to keep the convoys at a smaller scale for future drives ;) From my side, it’s an automatic opt-in moving forward!

Also, thanks for being a Pajero fan :D 

Have a good one!

Edited by Mike.
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mike. said:

Agreed @JeromeFJ and thanks again for one of the most enjoyable drives to date. That being said, I think it is best not to promote the AD drives too much to keep me the convoys at a smaller scale for future drives ;) From my side, it’s an automatic opt-in moving forward!

Also, thanks for being a Pajero fan :D 

Have a good one!

Go team Paj………..although it cost me a front drive shaft 😂 todays swap jobE452E1C6-5F25-4E96-AB32-C82A10B1FFBB.jpeg.88687b1919a467286e4dd0e7b4ae4fc8.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

Thank you very much @JeromeFJ  for a wonderful drive. It was a fun drive and enjoyed it much. Can not have enough of Sweihan/Nahil and a lot more to discover there for me, so @Brette see you tomorrow.

Shout out to @Jaro Tuzinsky, @Nathan L, @Mike., @Joji varghese & finally @Brette for the participation. See you all sooner than later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Wow @Looper!! The photos were already great, but this comes as the cherry on the cake !!!

Great video, with the educational topics. 

@Gaurav, can be added as the "must watch" before the newbie/ fewbie drives.

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use