•  

Offroad Flag Experience- "press and twist" design flag base from Black Hawk

Cha

Not sure if this is the right place to post but I want alert ppl who are going to buy offroad flags

I have been using the below "press and twist" design flag base from Black Hawk brand recently, very unpleasant experience.

1. Sand/Dust gets in and stuck between the base and pole during offroad, difficult to remove after.

2. Feedback from other driver that the tiny dot which prevents the pole from falling out could break.

Many offroad garages are selling this type but try not to get this crap 🙁

image.png.69b05d89aa8b651c0a2a3dcc09533ba7.png

• Like (+1) 2

In fact, these tend to break at the place they have contact with the hook from the base as well. As far as sand is concerned - even the spring ones have issues. A Can of WD40 applied once in a while after the last drive of the week keeps them clean from inside.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

1 hour ago, Looper said:

In fact, these tend to break at the place they have contact with the hook from the base as well. As far as sand is concerned - even the spring ones have issues. A Can of WD40 applied once in a while after the last drive of the week keeps them clean from inside.

🙁I have sprayed grease on, should work for sometime.

Literally I have physically fought with it for several occasions to get the pole off. I was so pissed

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I have been using the sticky whips for 2 years now . It’s light weight , easy to store  in the truck , very handy quick use put and off . The rubber suction is of high quality. 

image.jpeg.22a3bdbb49da5f0460d970501c694b28.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi there, I have been using that flag pole and holder for a while now without a problem. Maybe the quality of recent batches has decreased?

There is this other option:  Heev flags: https://heevoffroad.com/collections/flag-holders/products/heev-universal-off-road-flag-holder

Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry to hear your experience @Zixuan Huang - Charlie! But, the Black Hawk flag mount is the only accessory that I've bought that hasn't broken in a year and about 50 drives of usage. And I had two flags/mounts break in the first 15 drives. 

The AOR Suction Cup that almost everybody uses when starting out, had its threads get wiped clean off from all the tension at the base. After 10 drives, it just filed right off and no flag would fit into it.

I then bought a screw down flag from another off-road gear store that literally cracked in my first FB+ drive from strong gusts of winds.

As @Mario Cornejo has said above, their quality has either declined in the past few months or I think you've either been unlucky with a bad batch. Every five to seven drives, I run a little WD-40 into the flag's split ends, as well as the spring-loaded base. This usually keeps the connectors in good condition.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/30/2022 at 10:00 PM, munkybizness said:

I run a little WD-40 into the flag's split ends, as well as the spring-loaded base. This usually keeps the connectors in good condition.

This is important for any spring system & from which ever store you buy the flag pole from including AOR quick release system. This keeps the internals clean and easier for you to attach/detach.

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use