•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 5 Nov 2022

Brette

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Advise if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Absolute Newbie, Newbie and above

When:  05 November 2022, Saturday

Meeting time:  6:30 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/fyyA32MNrNDhnGVZ9

Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 5 Nov 2022

subaru XV 2018 orange

Went to desert few times before 

one front and one back 

Don’t have both but will buy radio 

14 hours ago, Mohammed Osama said:

subaru XV 2018 orange

Went to desert few times before 

one front and one back 

Don’t have both but will buy radio 

@Mohammed Osamathank you for the update. You would also require the safety flag for the drive along with the radio. You should be able to get the flag at ACE or Dragon Mart if in Dubai. 

2 hours ago, Vijay Cowlagi said:

Hello everyone.

so happy to see the newbie level in Abu Dhabi.  Had been waiting for the event for quite some time  

looking forward to some good driving and learning. 

@Vijay Cowlagiglad to have you join. Not seen you in ages. 

• Like (+1) 2

@Alphin Aloor @lucas amat @Glenn Waters @Jerry Han @Anirudh Dayma @Walter Palk @Mohammed Osama @Maria Bernadette Piendl @Looper

Thank you all for joining this drive and hope you have the required gear ( Radio and Flag ) for the drive. For those who are on their first drive with Carnity please confirm that your vehicle has a minimum of 8 inches ground clearance and the front and rear tow points are in good condition. Iif it is your very first drive with us, we can lend you a radio for this drive but make sure you get one before the next drive. 

The convoy numbering and radio channel will be put up tomorrow by 8:30 PM. 

Thanks and look forward to meeting all of you on Saturday.

• Like (+1) 1

Hey @Brette many apologies. Had to pull out of tomorrow’s drive. Got a medical emergency within the family. 

I hope you all have a great drive and I’ll make sure to join next time. 

• Sad (0) 1

Drive RSVP is now closed and the convoy order is below.

@Alphin Aloor @Maria Bernadette Piendl @Mohammed Osama @Bjoern @lucas amat @Anirudh Dayma @Walter Palk @Looper

image.png.4c8e77f56f4f40c681d41b39f07996d2.png

See you all tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM sharp and we will be using radio channel 1, 446 006. 25. 

If you need to contact me in case of an emergency, my number is O52 6771O76.

• Like (+1) 2

It was a fun drive on last Saturday morning. I have been not sleeping well as I was working on previous week's videos. I did not sleep the night before, so started early for the meeting point. After reaching Sweihan petrol pump felt like having a quick nap  to freshen up but got delayed slightly, only to realise half the convoy was a no show. come on guys !!

Anyways we started slow in a typical newbie fashion till our mid drive break. But something changed then - we did not drive like a newbie drive anymore. It was a full on Fewbie drive and @Bjoern and @Walter Palk you sirs kept pace and  were very competent and showed excellent driving skills. There were not even refusals let alone stucks from you two.

@Bjoern I am a little bit intrigued by your plan as you arrived with @Maria Bernadette Piendl in a single car, were you planning to share the drive? You did not share the drive though. I hope from next time onwards you both will not sign up on the same drive; as sharing is not allowed. But for a "Absolute Newbie" you were at an upper league all together.

Thank you @Brette for a great drive enjoyed it thoroughly. Thanks for your gesture of letting me give the briefing - I appreciate it a lot.

PS: Added some pics in the gallery. 

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use