•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 5 Nov 2022

Brette

@LooperYes the 2 newbies drive really well and since we were just 4 cars, it gave me the opportunity to bump up the level as I could see both @Bjoernand  @Walter Palkright behind me doing very well. 

Regarding @Bjoerndaughter, that was my bad, I mistook her for Maria who did not show up. Clarified it with @Bjoernafter the drive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

@Brette My daughter was flattered when you wanted her to drive ;-)  She says hello and that she is looking forward to do her first official drive with you and @Looperin one and a half years :-)

Great drive by the way! Was a lot of fun! Thanks again!

Oh... and thanks for the feedback! Appreciated! 

• Like (+1) 4

Just read @Looper's post. Thanks for the feedback. Now I truly am flattered. Admit I had the pleasure of doing a couple of neighbourhood drives with @Chaitanya D - who is a great teacher if I might say - and with the guys from Offroad Zone. Tried to tie things together last Sunday with one of your Master classes with @Gaurav, which was a great learning experience and a lot of fun!

So, very much looking forward to doing lots of drives with you guys :-) Great community!

Edited by Bjoern
typo
  • Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Bjoern said:

who is a great teacher if I might say

@Bjoern I am a novice when you consider the stalwarts and legends in this club. Still learning  the tips and  tricks from them 😊

Absolutely love to see you here , enjoy the outings, especially in winter . 

• Like (+1) 4

@Brette I just went through my mails and saw one about the "Transfer your previous off-road experience" topics. If I got it right I should have stated my previous experience with the drives with @Chaitanya D (3) and the two with the guys from offroad zone (both to pink rock). After our drive I did the Master class and two drives. So I would like to ask for your guidance if it would make sense to apply for Fewbie? Guess the two of you and @Gauravcan judge best if that fits. Thanks in advance for your advice!

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/15/2022 at 3:10 AM, Bjoern said:

@Brette I just went through my mails and saw one about the "Transfer your previous off-road experience" topics. If I got it right I should have stated my previous experience with the drives with @Chaitanya D (3) and the two with the guys from offroad zone (both to pink rock). After our drive I did the Master class and two drives. So I would like to ask for your guidance if it would make sense to apply for Fewbie? Guess the two of you and @Gauravcan judge best if that fits. Thanks in advance for your advice!

You can apply for your promotion here: https://carnity.com/support/

Will gather all trip lead feedback and proceed accordingly.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 6 months later...
On 11/8/2022 at 11:09 PM, Looper said:

It was a fun drive on last Saturday morning. I have been not sleeping well as I was working on previous week's videos. I did not sleep the night before, so started early for the meeting point. After reaching Sweihan petrol pump felt like having a quick nap  to freshen up but got delayed slightly, only to realise half the convoy was a no show. come on guys !!

Anyways we started slow in a typical newbie fashion till our mid drive break. But something changed then - we did not drive like a newbie drive anymore. It was a full on Fewbie drive and @Bjoern and @Walter Palk you sirs kept pace and  were very competent and showed excellent driving skills. There were not even refusals let alone stucks from you two.

@Bjoern I am a little bit intrigued by your plan as you arrived with @Maria Bernadette Piendl in a single car, were you planning to share the drive? You did not share the drive though. I hope from next time onwards you both will not sign up on the same drive; as sharing is not allowed. But for a "Absolute Newbie" you were at an upper league all together.

Thank you @Brette for a great drive enjoyed it thoroughly. Thanks for your gesture of letting me give the briefing - I appreciate it a lot.

PS: Added some pics in the gallery. 

Came about to finish a small video on this drive. I lost the rhythm that I had built up sometime back but I got it back. I make my videos in 4K. And I watch them on my living room TV, some times keep them running in the background just to enjoy some royalty free but good music while browsing on the phone.

This one being short I made it in vertical aspect ratio hope it would be good to view on a phone. Frankly I have not seen it till now while posting it here. Lets See!!

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use