•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Nahel - Abu Dhabi - 5 Nov 2022

Mehmet Volga

Drive Info

We will start from Nahel and drive towards south in Sweihan. Our route will visit some playgrounds to practice wider slopes, long hill climbing and ridge riding, and a small bucket of technical dunes to improve offroading skills in between these.

As per the performance, we are planning to finish at Nahel road or loop back to the start point with around 50-60 km track.

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and Above 

When:  05 November 2022, Saturday

Meeting time: 6.00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/qUxVNzXKoLG4Gy7X7 

Approximate finish time: 10.00 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Nahel - Abu Dhabi - 5 Nov 2022

Hey @Sunil Mathew @Lukas @Pascal @Brett Eicher @Joji varghese @Rajiv Sam

Here is the convoy order for tomorrow drive;

image.png.9df456627e7449f144454ef4b55bd71e.png

We will be using channel#3 on the radio

See you all in the morning!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

@Sunil Mathew @Lukas @Pascal @Brett Eicher @Joji varghese @Rajiv Sam

Thank you all for participating this drive. It was wonderful meeting with Nahel dunes again. This was my first leading for the new season after a long brake of 4 months. My muscles were a bit lazy but you did it great so I am aligned back to my path...

@Sunil Mathew on 2nd lead saved our convoy from falling into dark pits many times. Thank you for your great leading!

@Lukas made a great beginning in his Fewbie journey. The level of the drive was slightly higher than regular Fewbies because of the terrain and extremely soft sand. You started from difficult so the upcomings will be funnier for you I think. Now you know all basics and tricks for the new actions; criss-crossing, ridge-riding, long hill climbing .... you did them all very well. Enjoy your new rank!

@Pascal and @Brett Eicher ; great controlling guys! It was amazing watching you rounding in deep bowls without any single fishtailing. You are doing great, but most importantly, very safe while dancing on the dunes. Keep it up like this, but don't forget to be careful against overconfidence in further levels. Looking forward to your promotions...

@Joji varghese you proved once more that XT-offroad is the best toy that one may have in the UAE deserts. Excellent show brother!

... and my friend @Rajiv Sam. Thank you for coming and supporting my drive buddy! You kept the convoy safe and sound all the time. See you in the next ones!

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use