•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Remah to Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 6 Nov 2022

Frederic

16 minutes ago, Frederic said:

drive stats mean little to me, the camaraderie, atmosphere, and laughs mean so much more.

Absolutely my friend 👍

• Like (+1) 4

Thank you @Frederic for a steep learning curve! No pun intended :) Great to finally meet the author behind some of my favourite articles on here. Thank you to the whole convoy for your support and patience, especially @Looper, sorry for having you unwind your winch for nothing! Speaking of, @Asif Hussain, thank you for coaching me out of that stuck- I would never in a million years have thought that was self-recoverable!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 11/7/2022 at 4:21 PM, Jessica Lambert said:

especially @Looper, sorry for having you unwind your winch for nothing!

Not a problem at all.

As usual @GauravSoni was with me a surprise addition at the last moment for this drive a la last drive when he along with Kailas joined after our evening drive that ended at Qudra which was during the Ramadan period and then one more surprise was @Asif Hussain. Not many drives you will see 5 members convoy supported by 5 members in manage tab but this was one of them. 

My love for Abu Dhabi is increasing by the day. I was quite happy with my car - somehow it behaved very well taking me to around all the bowls and up all the steep climbs without any struggle.

Thank you @Frederic for your drive, I could only recognise the starting and ending of the drive from our last time aound here and rest of it was totally new. And apologies for what can be the best example of "Task Failed Successfully" after the end of the drive.

@Salim Akhtar you are quite impressive with your car. I remember last time I drove with you in @Srikumar's Fewbie Plus drive in which you were the only fewbie plus drivers and rest all were Intermediate level. As usual you kept pace with the rest of more experienced convoy.

@Mahmoud Taha we have been driving almost every week together for last 3-4 weeks and I can see you doing better every week. From the Oktoberfest drive to this week you have shown improvement in leaps and bounds. I have video-graphic memories of all those drives so can vouch for it.

@Ashutosh Garg you drive sensibly always and good to see you after a long time in this drive. 

@Jessica Lambert be fearless. It is great to see you take your time taking turns and understand the terrain before you leap in to it. 

@Amr Aydin every time I drive with you all I hear from you is nothing. you are cool as cucumber and just do your thing with your car. 

@munkybizness it was great to see you again since our last drive in Ramadan & hope to see you more often.  @Mahmoud Taha you were also present in that drive.

@Asif Hussain it is always a pleasure driving with you. Last time it was at Yellow Truck, that I drove sleepy throughout the drive, obviously this time it was different  - a lot has changed since then. Thank you for blessing with your presence, it is fun watching you doing things with your X.

One moment I cherish is when @GauravSoni did a radio check because there was no chatter for a long time. My theory is that when there is radio silence - it means everyone is engrossed in the thrill of driving and they are not only driving well but also enjoying the drive at the same time. it is in the tranquil state of drive that is meditative in nature.

Thank you all for your participation and see you all soon once agin in one more adventure. I will post a drive video in about a week's time hopefully sooner, in the meantime updated some pics in the gallery.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use