•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - GoTech IV @ Qudra - Dubai - 5 Nov 2022

Islam Soliman

E725A896-3D42-4318-9D64-602A1FDDFD4A.jpeg.ec5413e6f6a6d59994bbbf5400b92b83.jpeg

You have been warned! 😈 

Weather is getting better and encouraging to go resume our GO TECH series for those who wants to face their fears of technical areas and want to sharpen their driving skills and test their patience 🙃

Everything will be put to the test, not only our skills, control, recovery techniques, communication, but on top of all our patience, team work, and love for life 😜

If you fancy fast paced (>10km/h), high climbs, non-stop driving, don't like shoveling and hardworking.. this drive is not for you!

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

When:  5 November 2022, Saturday

Meeting time:  6:30 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/dbcoPA7cb6vPFbPs5?g_st=ic

Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM (hopefully 😜)

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear @Chaitanya D @Davie Chase @Tareck @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @Jessica Lambert @Yusuf Esaf @Joseph Raju @Naim Aoun @Daniel Rodas @Beide Worku @Gok Krish @TT_Dubai

Time to wrap up our plan for tomorrow. I wanted to share the details early so you can mentally prepare for tomorrow's challenge. Try to take as much rest as you can tonight, come fresh mentally and physically .. trust me you will need it. 

Pre-drive details below:

• Be at the meeting point by 6:30am (or before) and start deflating your tires to the right PSI.
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 4 (446,081)
  • Briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your tire deflator, pressure gauge and a compressor, safety flag and radio. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)
  • MeetingPoint:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/dbcoPA7cb6vPFbPs5?g_st=ic
  • Convoy Order:

image.png.c6975c916d3c4443b89a6c4da2aa66b8.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Hey all, updated convoy order based on latest dropouts:

Position

Name

Car

Role

Status

Level

Islam Soliman

Black

Yukon

Lead

DP1011 , Deepak wrangler

Grey

Wr

IM

Jessica Lambert

White

Prado

F+

Gok Krish

Grey

2D Wr

IM

Naim Aoun

Grey

Wr

F+

Davie Chase

Red

Wr

CF

AD

TT_Dubai

Black

FJ

F+

Daniel Rodas

White

Pajero

IM

Chaitanya D

White

X

SW

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Islam Soliman thank you for a superb drive today, it indeed had everything as you predicted, and you did not disappoint. I really enjoy these technical drives as the tax you physically and mentally. the route was great as was the company and teamwork as we resolved the handful of stucks and a pop out. @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler you were your usual awesome self at second lead ensuring we did not follow when told to stop ensuring the route was safe for us all to follow. @Chaitanya D great jon in sweep keeping the convoy together, great to drive with you again.

@Jessica Lambert @Naim Aoun @Daniel Rodas @Gok Krish @TT_Dubai you guys drove amazingly making our jobs so much easier, not only that, but you all pitched in to support the drive with shovels and laughter along the way, great example of a team pulling together to get us all out safely. Fantastic job one and all. Hope you all enjoyed the drive as much as we did.

here is what I managed to pull from GPS FYI

image.png.15fc975d8ee367b420e78717b5438852.png

image.png.2efb596df1bedc0d4ce4af2a9ed1833f.png

Bottom line great way to start the weekend 

Have a great rest of your day and enjoy the rest of your weekend

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

THANK YOU @Islam Soliman - WHAT A DRIVE ! AS I SAID- I will cherish this slow pace drive for a Long Long Time ! Always love the technical challenges you aim for and testing the skills with Steering and Paddle !  Was great to be part of this drive and thank you for the opportunity and faith in me for considering me as your SL.  Full justice done to the theme of this drive !  

@Davie Chase Great to see you again and its always amazing to hear you on instructions to help the team on recoveries - Clear and precise ! Thank you for anchoring the convoy ! and once again, a truly well deserved promotion  !  That was one of the fastest Pop Out fixes I have seen ! 

@Chaitanya D Been long time that I drove with you, and like always, Pleasure to see you - Always been admirer of how you tackle stucks/refusals with your powerful machine - i could only imagine how Fun it was for guys at the back with all the sand being churned by GMCs :D

@Jessica Lambert @Gok Krish @Naim Aoun@Daniel Rodas@TT_Dubai - Was great to see you all too and am sure you enjoyed this skillful drive as much as I did ! 

HUGGGEEEE Regret is the only word I could think of , had I missed this drive  - Glad I could make it to this one - thanks again @Islam Soliman and looking forward to many more of these "Red" areas :) 
 Have a good weekend all ! See you soon again ! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use