•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz - Sharjah - 5 Nov 2022

JeromeFJ

On 11/5/2022 at 5:13 PM, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Desert Drivers, 

Thank you for joining the drive today. The first portion was not the best, as finding a way through the cross tracks and the bushes was difficult. Still the small bowls are a good terrain for practice before reaching the high slopes, and the long dune offers always opportunities for sidesloping.

Once we crossed the pylon track close to Fossil Rock, no more bushes, and we could navigate between bowls and ridges, with the view of the mountains on the opposite side, until we gradually reached the mighty Faya dune, where we have practiced larger bowls and big slopes, up and down. 

Excellent level in the group, as we had only minor refusals, and one occasion requiring shoveling. @Mohamad Anwer, it was a great pleasure to have you as second lead, @Nathan L, your lines are precise, excellent control of your car, @Jad Moussalli it was a pleasure to see the Defender in its environment rather that on Downtown Boulevard, it has impressive capabilities @Mike., the white rhino was steady on the ridges and the long climbs, even if it doesn't like the steep ones, @Jaro Tuzinsky you have improved the control especially during the descends, nice drive, keep the focus at all time when you will join FB+ @Zixuan Huang - Charlie thank you for the support, always present when needed, @Patrick van der Loo that Jeep can climb anywhere , @Zulfikhar Naiyar excellent drive and communication, thank you for the sweep.

It was a pleasure to have you all for the drive and the nice chats during the breaks, enjoy the rest of the weekend and see you next time !

Dear @JeromeFJsorry for my late comment. I wanted to thank you for the lovely drive,  it was really great to get back to Mahafiz and end at Al Faya. The route became very nice towards the 2nd half of the drive. 

I am glad we managed to find an exit point eventually at the end, as its becoming very hard to enter and exis that area due to all the fencing being erected everywhere. 

To the rest of the team, Great driving with you and look forward to seeing you again soon. 

Regards,

Mohamad 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use