•  
Advertise here

Jeep Wrangler Soft Top N UAE - Seek advice.

Hi all Jeepers here in the forum

Awesome UAE winter season has started and i have been planning to take my Wrangler's roof off. 

Last year i did it for 4 months - Nov till March. Was okay keeping it fully naked throughout with just mesh on top and Tonneau cover at the back. Challange was while being on sand over weekends and the days when while on road those occasional rains in UAE played a spoilsport. First day itself i took my roof off, on way to a meeting it rained for 2 min and this experience i want to avoid. 

Overall was an awesome experience. However, surely need some option to go with for those cases and seek advice of enthusiasts on couple of queries and options, there are.

a.) Bestop Slantback Ultra, fully retractable one - This is really something i like. However, comes at a steep cost and trying to understand the cost vs price value. 

--- If someone using it, would be good to understand how comfortable it is to take off and reinstall, though will be doing once a season, is it DIY or need to visit a workshop. 

--- Anyone tried it during summers? Is it practical to be extended to say May/Jun kind of weather here in UAE? 

--- Anyone tried it off-roading? Not convinced if retracted one stands the test of shakes and shocks while off-roading? 

There are a bit of cheaper options available with sunrider etc, however, i want possibility to have it off for both front and rear seats so those dont work for me.

image.jpeg.2798ceab3ec848843cac33d8837f21b8.jpegimage.jpeg.cc0706d806fd0bf2dd2c482bef831ba3.jpeg

b.) Alternatively thinking of going the low cost, do its work kind of Safari Style. 

-- Anyone using them, any feedback how well they stand driving on highways? 

-- Any  feedback on them managing the rain - UAE rains arent torrential and in any case for occasional such rain, i am okay not taking my Jeep out :)

-- In case i am driving with this off and it starts to rain, how much of a hassle it is to bring it back on? 

I already have a Tonneau cover, can go with this along with windbreaker for the Tonneau cover. 

Any other options, please advice. 

Regards

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1

Yes @varunmehndiratta, Topic of the season😅😎 for Jeep fellas!

Recent trip to US, thanks to Inputs from @Kailas, I picked up this one , yet to install though , and Being in UAE😅, Dint really think much about rain part ! Quality for price of what i paid, is worth it, plus it can remain installed underneath the hard top, so no issues of installing and removing it everynow and then...

https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep-soft-tops/bikini-mesh-tops/mesh-tops?kw=sunshade

will be curious to see what u end up with😅

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DP1011 , Deepak wrangler said:

Yes @varunmehndiratta, Topic of the season😅😎 for Jeep fellas!

Recent trip to US, thanks to Inputs from @Kailas, I picked up this one , yet to install though , and Being in UAE😅, Dint really think much about rain part ! Quality for price of what i paid, is worth it, plus it can remain installed underneath the hard top, so no issues of installing and removing it everynow and then...

https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep-soft-tops/bikini-mesh-tops/mesh-tops?kw=sunshade

will be curious to see what u end up with😅

Had similar one last year … mesh is purely for UV protection, it’s just a sun screen, will not be able to stop sand on drives  and any water to pour in, if it rains.

Plus Imagine going all the way to Sweihan early in morning in Dec for a drive … I was packed with Jacket(s) and monkey cap for liwa drive last year 😀 I recall @Kailas mentioned he was switching to hard top every weekend, too much work for me lazy bones 🤣 So surely need something more. 

11 hours ago, Anoop Nair said:

Following this with interest, this year kids has been pestering me to take the top off but a bit apprehensive as I have never done it before. Soft top seems to be good in between.

It’s real fun @Anoop Nair try it and you will not like putting it back when the summer hits in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

@varunmehndiratta

I have looked into this in the early days when I bought my car and I don't think the Bestop need a workshop if you are a handyman, have a space to do this and a side kick to help.

What I actually bought lately and recomend is this https://topliftpros.com/products/jeep-hardtop-removal-tool and its super convenient and quick 10 minutes to remove or put the hardtop back + easy to park under.

image.jpeg.c72894449ac57f7f70a4fd02b2a9c5bb.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2

5 hours ago, Amr Aydin said:

@varunmehndiratta

I have looked into this in the early days when I bought my car and I don't think the Bestop need a workshop if you are a handyman, have a space to do this and a side kick to help.

What I actually bought lately and recomend is this https://topliftpros.com/products/jeep-hardtop-removal-tool and its super convenient and quick 10 minutes to remove or put the hardtop back + easy to park under.

image.jpeg.c72894449ac57f7f70a4fd02b2a9c5bb.jpeg

Oh wow the fact it fits in your building parking is the coolest part, thought about it last year but dimensions didn’t fit into my space so bought the storage cart.  

It surely solves one aspect — ease of fixing,  no hassle of storage. However, despite the cost still has a challenge when going for a drive and have to cover up in between or while coming back - the usual case - kids love the roof off when going out somewhere but hate it when they are sleepy on way back. Or it starts to get too cold on way back etc etc… 

• Like (+1) 1