•  

Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Lazy (The Deep Purple Series) - Dubai - 16 Nov 2022

Ale Vallecchi

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

When:  16 November 2022, Wednesday

Meeting time:  2:30 PM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Take the Nazwa exit on the road from Lahbab to Badayer: 

Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/9R7vfqf4MkNqBBRS8

Action Plan: Fourth chapter of the Deep Purple saga, this time the song's title may be misleading. There is nothing Lazy about a tune playing at 188 BPM. The pace will be as fast as possible but will also be dictated by the terrain we'll face. In fact, the level of difficulty throughout the series has been escalated, upgrading it from Qudra to Ghantoot/Faqa, and to Murqaab/Lisaili. This time we'll take a route driven during the Star Trek Series - Tawi Nazwa to Bezhad Ranch - seeking to improve its time, average speed and/or cumulative climb. Therefore, our goals will be (singly or combined) to better 25Km/h moving average, 68 Km driven in 3:32 hours, and/or a cumulative climb of 1,118 meters.

Approximate finish time: 6:00 PM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 8 cars only. RSVP will close on Wednesday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pranjal Varsani1 said:

@Ale VallecchiI am at the “Fewbie” level with Carnity, but I also do drives with another Off Road club - with this combined experience can I join this Fewbie Plus drive?

Hello @Pranjal Varsani1. Thanks for asking. When you have previous experience you may make a request for promotion through a link on the website 

(https://carnity.com/support/)

but this is subject to approval by the Advisors' Team. Until that happens I cannot accept you. Please make your request ASAP, and if the promotion is approved then you may join. Thanks for understanding. 

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Desertnauts,

quick tips about tomorrow's drive. We are planning quite a long ride, so the small convoy will be helpful to make sure we move speedily and efficiently. The first part, from Tawi Nazwa, will skirt Pink Rock, and aim almost straight toward Big Red. It'll be mostly long-range dunes, and a few bowls, except for the climb of Big Red, and "the big dune before Big Red". After that, we'll cross the highway, and will aim directly for the further away star dunes, to avoid the ones closest to Badayer, which are packed with tourists. Our goal will be to reach the furthest point in the area, at Bezad Ranch. If unable to do so, we can exit anywhere past Super Bowl.

The convoy will line up as follows:

@Alexanderrr in Second Lead

@Jona at #3

@Ignacio Quindós at #4 and 

@DP1011 , Deepak wrangler in Sweep.

The radio channel will be chosen on the spot, as usual.

You may be lazy this evening, as well as enjoy a lazy morning tomorrow, but be ready to rock and roll tomorrow afternoon.

See you soon.

• Like (+1) 3

Morning Ale, and My Apologies! 

looking at morning emails,  I dont think I can make it😐😐

I can now only imagine how amazing this drive will be 

@Alexanderrr @Jona @Ignacio Quindós am sure u guys will make the most of this great drive!

• Sad (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

42 minutes ago, DP1011 , Deepak wrangler said:

Morning Ale, and My Apologies! 

looking at morning emails,  I dont think I can make it😐😐

I can now only imagine how amazing this drive will be 

@Alexanderrr @Jona @Ignacio Quindós am sure u guys will make the most of this great drive!

Hello @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler. You can make a last moment decision if you wish. No problem. Just text if you manager to join. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use