•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Nahel - Abu-Dhabi - 19 Nov 2022

JeromeFJ

Drive Info

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  19 November 2022, Saturday

Meeting time:  6:30 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/ymz7oQtjeyAWAnDX8?g_st=ic

Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 3

@JeromeFJ good morning, I’ve put myself down on the waitlist for your drive as I’m also attending the bbq later on in the day :) if it’s possible for me to come I would be happy to join. Is there any advice you can provide driving to Abu Dhabi? As this is my first time. Do I require any documentation? Or is it as simple as arriving at the location? Thanks in advance. Hope to see you soon 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Benjamin. Happy to see you on the list. Attending to the BBQ in the evening will not prevent you to participate to the drive in the morning. You will see, the area is beautiful. 

No specific requirements. Just drive down the E66, exit to the E20 at Al Hayer in direction to Sweihan, and then E95. You can refill just after the exit of the E66 (ADNOC Service Station | Al Hayer-2 (659)).

Just before the meeting point, you will see a gate. Just drive slowly to the gate, pronounce the magic words "Desert Lords, kindly let me in, I will show care and respect", and the gate will open.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

@JeromeFJ I hope I don’t mess up the magic words 😂. See you Saturday morning! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

14 hours ago, Ranjan Das said:

Hi @JeromeFJ, was much looking forward to getting back to the sands; unfortunately work called seems like i will be in office this Saturday. 
Wish you all a fun filled drive.

@Ranjan Das I was looking forward to meeting you after a long time. We will wait a bit more !

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Desert Drivers, 

@Lukas @Mike M. @Pranjal Varsani1 @Benjamin @Nathan L

Time for the final adjustments for the drive tomorrow. The short convoy will give us flexibility to make the most out of the area. 

Meeting at 6:30 am at https://maps.app.goo.gl/ymz7oQtjeyAWAnDX8?g_st=ic

You can refer to the post above for the route, service station, and magic formula.

The convoy order will be

image.png.c45a419737412621e7851efcba31b5dd.png

We will use Radio Channel 4

Enjoy the evening, take as much rest as you can, and see to tomorrow morning !

• Like (+1) 3

Thank you all for joining the drive Saturday morning.

This area is never disappointing. from the quiet warm-up in the nice rolling dunes, to the small Ghafeteen Bowl (unfortunately full of cross tracks),  then the technical climb to enjoy the full view of the sabkha and the surrounding dunes. The second part through the bigger dunes is progressively rising the level until we reached the massive Nagrah dune. 

Surprisingly for this time of the year, the desert was totally empty, and we have seen no other cars, except the locals training their falcons in the sabkha. 

@Lukas, thank you for the 2nd lead, very well driven for your 2nd FB drive. @Mike M., always a pleasure to have you. The White Rhino might have limitations for steep climbs, but can reach the top choosing proper lines. @Pranjal Varsani1 you have taken the Rubicon easily through the obstacles, @Benjamin, excellent focus and control of your car. An hesitation on a ridge made you crested, but don't worry at all, the fluidity will come with the number of drives. @Nathan L excellent control of your Pajero, thank you for the sweep !

Have a nice week all of you and seen you soon in a next drive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use