•  

Full Day Fewbie Overland Trip - Al Hiyar to Al Khatam - Abu Dhabi - 26 Nov 2022

Frederic

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.53f820b8a504a84c02bf2f3032b42071.png

@Ashutosh Garg@Bjoern@Yaseen87@Feras_Sh@Anoop Nair@Mike M.@Jaro Tuzinsky@Patrick van der Loo@Brett Eicher@Richard Franks@Dodi Syahdar

We will be using Channel 2: 446.031 Mhz

Attention:

Lately many people are experiencing issues with the Google Maps location. Please doublecheck if you are entering the location in your Google Maps. The Meeting point is on the E66 Dubai Al Ain Road, a bit further south from Al Hiyar town. Go under the underpass and there is plenty of space to park your vehicle on the pin location:

image.png.9372a410048534736b7992c0a5b38add.png

Please ensure you are fully refueled upon arrival. We will be covering a large distance and i hope we can fulfill our goal of reaching our destination in Al Khatim :) 

See you at 7AM !

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi Frederic, Looks like I will most probably have to miss out on this wonderful drive due to family commitments. If I can work my charm and magic, there is a slim chance that I can make it, but it looks unlikely!

Will message you in the evening in case I can make it and there is still a place...

Have a fun-filled, fantastic and safe drive!  

Apologies @Frederic

Edited by Ashutosh Garg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

Hej @Frederic i do apologise but my flue is back so i need to withdraw, even my 2 radios and drone are fully recharged:( i was waiting to the last minute to take a decision.. have a great fun!

jaro

• Sad (0) 2

23 minutes ago, Jaro Tuzinsky said:

Hej @Frederic i do apologise but my flue is back so i need to withdraw, even my 2 radios and drone are fully recharged:( i was waiting to the last minute to take a decision.. have a great fun!

jaro

Take all the rest you need @Jaro Tuzinsky I’m sure we will have many more Full Day Overlanding drives in the sand and the mountains coming winter. See you soon 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

Take all the rest you need @Jaro Tuzinsky I’m sure we will have many more Full Day Overlanding drives in the sand and the mountains coming winter. See you soon 

Thank you. I was so excited about this drive, I am looking forward it soon.

What an awesome drive @Frederic

thank you so much for organising a very different experience. I really love those style of ride. Great driving by the group! 

Had a bit of an accident after I got home unloading the car and ‘stabbed’ my hand - had to get some of those butterfly closures to close it up. Very clumsy of me …

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Mission Accomplished!!

Watching the sun rise along Dubai-Al Ain Road on the Oman side, i was wondering what the day would have in store for us, and how the desert would bless us with its magnificent sites once again.

392C4A36-95A7-4C49-A506-F1FC9865EFD8.jpeg.837d9d92be6c9199e7fabe36ce36608a.jpeg

Everyone made it on time and was eager to spend a whole day in the sand, and to accomplish a nice crossing from nearby the Oman border, in a town called Masakin, all the way to Al Khatim. As this is a serious distance, we had to keep the pace at all times, but to my surprise we reached the halfway point (E16 crossing) way before noon, thanks to the amazing convoy behind me that digested the terrain with ease !

On the search for some shade, we took our lunchbreak nearby a farm that had some nice trees (and flies...).

45mins later we were already back into the sands and were unstoppable. The very few refusals or stucks kept us awake, and the teamwork was splendid as always. We reached the ADNOC in Al Khatim around 4PM and i guess all of us were happy to enjoy the facilities it provided (from a simple toilet to an air compressor) :)

@Brett Eicher you were impeccable as a second lead, and your XJ is truly equipped to survive any nuclear blasts if they would ever occur ! It was really nice meeting you and look forward to many more nice drives together. Your overlanding experience will definitely come in handy !

@Bjoern and his friendly co-pilot had a blast, and the smiles were bright when they crossed Naqrah hill from the backside ! Well done !!

@Patrick van der Loo not many people shift from a comfy Prado to a loud and rattling TJ, but the ones who do will definitely be considered as genuine offroaders in my opinion, and the reward from navigating a TJ through the terrain is priceless (muscle cramps included) !

@Yaseen87 as a trip lead, i sometimes tend to forget that for non-lifted cars i take challenging tracks and crossings, and in the early morning that caught you off guard a few times. But once warmed up you gave the Pajero a good whip on the butt and drove wonderfully !

@Mike M. the white Rhino in its favorite habitat ! Wonderfully driven and a pleasure to have your infectious sense of humour in the convoy. That chair you brought will be part of future bonfire tales :) 

@Dodi Syahdar as ever, my quiet trusty sweep at the back, not a foot wrong, and always ready to help out ! Thanks so much for spending the day with us,

@Anoop Nair your drive count is going stratospherical. Whenever there is a drive, you bless us with your presence, infectious smile and can-do attitude ! 

@Richard Franks you were soaking up the terrain like a highway. Splendid driving today !!!

Hope for many more of these drives together !!

https://www.relive.cc/view/v1Ow9KdrdXq

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

On 11/23/2022 at 1:38 PM, Frederic said:

@Feras_Sh@Richard Franks Welcome to the drive ! Please check below post with some info and guidance about the drive.

See you soon !

On 11/22/2022 at 9:06 AM, Frederic said:

@Mike M.@Jaro Tuzinsky@Patrick van der Loo@Nikola Bozovic@Bjoern@Anoop Nair

@Patrick van der Loo@Nikola Bozovic@Bjoern@Anoop Nair@Brett Eicher@Yaseen87@Ashutosh Garg@Adnan Halepota

Thanks for signing up to this overlanding trip through Abu-Dhabi ! A small screenshot below shows you the plan: a long crossing from East to West, comprising of some of the most beautiful desert areas UAE has to offer.

image.png.91b8bc10f95f3ebcd1566d3e41512346.png

As this drive is an overlanding style of drive, we will be driving "differently", as we will not be sidesloping or criss-crossing too much but rather try to accomplish the entire challenge before evening. The reward will be reaching our destination with the entire convoy !

Some information about overlanding here:

Please make sure your vehicle is in tip-top condition, and you are fully refueled when you reach the meeting point. Bring some snacks and ready to pack lunch as we will be taking a small lunch break. 

See you all soon !

On 11/22/2022 at 9:06 AM, Frederic said:

@Mike M.@Jaro Tuzinsky@Patrick van der Loo@Nikola Bozovic@Bjoern@Anoop Nair

@Patrick van der Loo@Nikola Bozovic@Bjoern@Anoop Nair@Brett Eicher@Yaseen87@Ashutosh Garg@Adnan Halepota

Thanks for signing up to this overlanding trip through Abu-Dhabi ! A small screenshot below shows you the plan: a long crossing from East to West, comprising of some of the most beautiful desert areas UAE has to offer.

image.png.91b8bc10f95f3ebcd1566d3e41512346.png

As this drive is an overlanding style of drive, we will be driving "differently", as we will not be sidesloping or criss-crossing too much but rather try to accomplish the entire challenge before evening. The reward will be reaching our destination with the entire convoy !

Some information about overlanding here:

Please make sure your vehicle is in tip-top condition, and you are fully refueled when you reach the meeting point. Bring some snacks and ready to pack lunch as we will be taking a small lunch break. 

See you all soon !

What a drive @Frederic! It was a great experience, drive and company. Hoping this would be the start of something continuous.
I am in for whatever is needed to take this further. Thanks again!

Thanks for all the convoy members for a great vibe and team spirit! 

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the sand soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use