•  
Advertise here

Hello everyone

Hello @Abdul Mueed Mohammed..want to add 2 cents to the discussion, as an owner of a Ford Explorer 2011 XLT.. 

i know its not an ST, but in general the cars are almost the same, and my advice is not to take her offroad.

"been there, done that" - i took the car for a mild offroad drive(not with Carnity),  and i ended up losing the lower lip of my front bumper, and the front wheel arch liners (plastic). Once you get stuck and wheels start spinning, the wheel arch liners which are just held with some clips come off.

Also, if i am not wrong, the ST has really low profile tyres, correct? In that case , after deflation, you will not have much of side wall left..you may need to consider that as well

We had an expedition owner in the club , some time back who used to come for drives probably until fewbie levels..i dont think he drives with us any more @Ammar Naji 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Hello @Abdul Mueed Mohammed..want to add 2 cents to the discussion, as an owner of a Ford Explorer 2011 XLT.. 

i know its not an ST, but in general the cars are almost the same, and my advice is not to take her offroad.

"been there, done that" - i took the car for a mild offroad drive(not with Carnity),  and i ended up losing the lower lip of my front bumper, and the front wheel arch liners (plastic). Once you get stuck and wheels start spinning, the wheel arch liners which are just held with some clips come off.

Also, if i am not wrong, the ST has really low profile tyres, correct? In that case , after deflation, you will not have much of side wall left..you may need to consider that as well

We had an expedition owner in the club , some time back who used to come for drives probably until fewbie levels..i dont think he drives with us any more @Ammar Naji 

The expedition is actually better than the explorer, and Ammar drove it well. I think he had put a lift kit as well that helped with the approach and departure angles.

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hey, the expedition is extremely powerful and stable, but the vehicle is heavy and with a long wheelbase. Yet, With the right training and proper off-road tires, the car is very much capable of Newbie and Fewibe  levels. Any level higher than that would require modifying the car (better clearance and underbody protection). 

if I had the time, I would invest in a diff-lock  for sure.

• Totally Agree (+2) 3